Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
the all new BMW X1

Take a look folks. Start planning your builds! :)

The all-new BMW X1 Sports Activity Vehicle. In its second generation, the new MY 2016 BMW X1 builds on the success of its predecessor (61,974 sold in the US to date) by incorporating a roomier interior, greater efficiency and technology on the forefront of innovation. The second generation takes to the stage with a body design typical of a BMW Sports Activity Vehicle. The BMW X1 xDrive28i will be the exclusive model in the US at launch featuring a 2.0-liter TwinTurbo 4-cylinder engine from BMW's new family of modular engines with maximum output of 228 horsepower, making the all new BMW X1 the most powerful entry model in the segment. It will be mounted to an 8-speed Steptronic automatic transmission. An efficiency-optimized version of the BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel-drive system and newly developed chassis technology all help to enhance sporting ability and ride comfort compared to the outgoing model. The all new BMW X1 also showcases its exceptional versatility with increased cargo area and greater interior room with more headroom than before. The 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i will arrive in US showrooms in Fall 2015.

First Drive: The 2016 BMW X1 in Copper Canyon

2016 BMW F48 X1 Pricing and Ordering Guides

Read more about the all new 2016 F48 BMW X1

Interested in the technical details beneath the surface of the F48 BMW X1? Then dive into the X1 technical training documents.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Interesting to see more specific details. Thanks for the post.

So only one engine config? I guess the LCI might introduce more options in 3 or 4 years.
Sliding back seats? Cool!
Option for non run flats, also interesting.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I wonder what headlights will be standard. I do not see a Xenon headlight option, so I wonder if that is standard (or will it just be H7?).

The LED headlights seem to be available only as a part of the expensive Premium Package. Unfortunately, that forces us to take the panoramic moonroof, which I definitely do not want. :mad:

:drive:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Almost positive halogens with led running lights are the standard. It is disappointing you simply can't spend 900 dollars to upgrade just your lights instead of being forced to get the premium package. I could care less about comfort access and don't want to spend an extra $3,250 for features I don't want. The situation is very similar to the driver's assistance package, where it now costs $1,150 because they bundled in the parking assist software along with the sensors and camera. Ugh. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Wow, a big increase in base, and that's for a FWD based car! So what is the additional standard equipment, besides power seats
And yes, the xenons are gone I think, this is what also happened with 3 series refresh

·
Registered
102 Posts
As configured as I would like it came out to 44k. That puts it at the price range of the Lexus NX . How is the reliability with bmw? What do u think sets this vehicle apart from the NX? FYI I'm considering only the NX AWD F Sport as I think the other models aren't aesthetically pleasing.

·
Let Apple rewrite iDrive
470 Posts
What do u think sets this vehicle apart from the NX? FYI I'm considering only the NX AWD F Sport as I think the other models aren't aesthetically pleasing.
A nice option the X1 has that the NX doesn't is a Head-Up Display. I've come to rely on my HUD as a ticket-avoidance system since it helps me keep precise track of my speed in zones where police traps are common. I haven't had a ticket since I bought my 6er with HUD; I won't buy another vehicle unless it offers a HUD. There are other Lexus cars that offer a HUD, but not the NX, AFAICT.

IMHO the front grille on the Lexus NX (and all other Lexus vehicles) is fairly hideous. Just my opinion, others may like it. OTOH, the new X1 design is very attractive, again IMHO.

Don't know if it matters to you, but the F48 X1 is faster to 60 (6.3s for X1 versus 6.9s for the Lexus NX F Sport). If BMW offers MPPK for the X1 then it will be faster still.

·
Registered
102 Posts
A nice option the X1 has that the NX doesn't is a Head-Up Display. I've come to rely on my HUD as a ticket-avoidance system since it helps me keep precise track of my speed in zones where police traps are common. I haven't had a ticket since I bought my 6er with HUD; I won't buy another vehicle unless it offers a HUD. There are other Lexus cars that offer a HUD, but not the NX, AFAICT.

IMHO the front grille on the Lexus NX (and all other Lexus vehicles) is fairly hideous. Just my opinion, others may like it. OTOH, the new X1 design is very attractive, again IMHO.

Don't know if it matters to you, but the F48 X1 is faster to 60 (6.3s for X1 versus 6.9s for the Lexus NX F Sport). If BMW offers MPPK for the X1 then it will be faster still.
Thanks this is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. How about security and comfort features... Which one offers more and the best? I don't think either the NX or X1 park themselves but Mercedes does. Both have park assist. Both have dynamic cruise control with auto stop for city driving. X1 has handless tailgate. How about infotainment... Any rumors that they will be Apple car play compatible or at least be able to upgrade to it later?

If I read the comparison threads in Lexus forum there quite a few people that make statements to the effect that the Bmw is not durable. That once warranty is over it starts breaking down so it's better to lease then to buy. You are real owners so would like to know what your take is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Driver's assistance package on the new X1 allows the vehicle to parallel park itself. Comfort depends on which seat you like better. You'll have to try them. As for security the X1 does come with an alarm system, but sadly no built in flame throwers to deter car jackers.
Carplay is still in the works for a future model, but don't get your hopes up on this one. BMW's warranty beats any other manufacturers. As for post warranty work, as long as you take care of your vehicle it will take care of you. But all luxury brands tend to require more expensive maintenance than a honda civic or other similar value priced vehicle. You have to pay to play.

·
Registered
426 Posts
It's actually $100 cheaper. The new F48 Xdrive28i is $34,800 with xLine standard. Current price of the E84 xDrive28i is $33,000, plus xLine at $1,900 equals $34,900. Of course, if you don't want xLine, it is more.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Driver's assistance package on the new X1 allows the vehicle to parallel park itself. Comfort depends on which seat you like better. You'll have to try them. As for security the X1 does come with an alarm system, but sadly no built in flame throwers to deter car jackers.
Carplay is still in the works for a future model, but don't get your hopes up on this one. BMW's warranty beats any other manufacturers. As for post warranty work, as long as you take care of your vehicle it will take care of you. But all luxury brands tend to require more expensive maintenance than a honda civic or other similar value priced vehicle. You have to pay to play.
Hey again thanks for the reply you have been very helpful. That is better than how they treated me in one of the Lexus NX forum.

Looks like this has jumped over the NX on my preferred list. Can't wait to test drive one to see how it feels and also to see the space it has in the back. I was able to fit a rear facing car seat behind the driver side without having to push the seat up on the NX so hoping X1 is the same to solidify the deal :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I want 2016 X1 with a sportier suspension (Msport pkg); the build out comes to almost $40k & this is without even adding leather or Nav.

This is almost close to X3 or even the newly introduced Benz GLC SUV pricing. There is also the GLA SUV which has pretty good reviews.

Looks like BMW really needs the FWD X1 to the US if it wants to target the value conscious target demographic. (Assuming that the FWD version is about $2k cheaper)

·
Registered
409 Posts
It's actually $100 cheaper. The new F48 Xdrive28i is $34,800 with xLine standard. Current price of the E84 xDrive28i is $33,000, plus xLine at $1,900 equals $34,900. Of course, if you don't want xLine, it is more.
Ok, my bad, I missed that. But frankly speaking I never understood what xline gives you besides bigger wheels.

Anyway, my msport configuration would be significantly more expensive with 2016 model.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
X1 F48 Pricing Guide for NA

Lots of bells and whistles like HUD, rear-view cameras, and Navigation. What I'd give for a manual transmission! Feels like more and more tech, but less and less for the driving enthusiast... Guess I'm holding onto my 2006 X3 m-sport manual indefinitely... (Sigh)

·
Registered
102 Posts
If I want 2016 X1 with a sportier suspension (Msport pkg); the build out comes to almost $40k & this is without even adding leather or Nav.

This is almost close to X3 or even the newly introduced Benz GLC SUV pricing. There is also the GLA SUV which has pretty good reviews.

Looks like BMW really needs the FWD X1 to the US if it wants to target the value conscious target demographic. (Assuming that the FWD version is about $2k cheaper)
So I wanted to reply to you because I am also in the market of a small luxury SUV and I just don’t agree at all with your findings.
1. Almost close to the X3
a. If I do an apple to apple comparison for an X drive X3 with just the M sport pkg the build comes to $46,695. A 2016 X,1 which as you know is only Xdrive in the US, with only the M Sport package added comes out to $38,245 . That is $34,800 for base price, M sport package is 2,450, and destination is 995. That is a 8,450 difference if we are comparing apples to apples
2. Newly introduced Benz GLC SUV pricing
a. Please let me know your sources. I don’t see pricing is out there. I see various quotes stating to expect pricing similar to current GLK. Now since I want to be as fair as possible when I did my comparison I did so based on how I wanted my vehicle which is to have all the premium and technology options. I don’t care 2 much for the styling so when I was loking at price quotes I did not care about the AMG or M sport packages.
i. 2015 GLK. GLK 350, Premium, Multimedia, heated front seats, keyless go, 4 matic, driver assist package, parking assist package is $52,885
ii. 2016 X1. Cold weather package (heated seats), Drive assist package, Drive assistance plus ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, premium, technology package is $44,995
iii. Difference is 7890 for similar equipped vehicles.
3. There is also a GLA SUV which has pretty good reviews
a. This is all personal opinion of course so take with grain of salt. This does not look like an SUV as It looks like a car. Because of that wife and I immediately eliminated it from contention. The only thing it has similar to the X1 is the pricing as a comparable ( to my liking) is 43,855. I don’t think they have features like handless tail gate opening or does it parallel park by itself. So I feel this is more like apples to oranges as the GLA is nowhere near aesthetically pleasing nor it can match up technology wise. We even tried seeing it in person several times and it’s a big nope because its ugly. Sorry again its just personal experience.
4. A proper comparison of this vehicle should be the Lexus NX F sport but the X1 beat the NX in my personal comparison as well. The price of the X1 is slightly lower than the NX and the X1 has better technology than the NX. The only thing im waiting for is to test drive the X1. Need to see how the space in 2nd row compares with the NX as well as see how the drive compares to the NX F sport.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I wanted to reply to you because I am also in the market of a small luxury SUV and I just don’t agree at all with your findings.
1. Almost close to the X3
a. If I do an apple to apple comparison for an X drive X3 with just the M sport pkg the build comes to $46,695. A 2016 X,1 which as you know is only Xdrive in the US, with only the M Sport package added comes out to $38,245 . That is $34,800 for base price, M sport package is 2,450, and destination is 995. That is a 8,450 difference if we are comparing apples to apples
2. Newly introduced Benz GLC SUV pricing
a. Please let me know your sources. I don’t see pricing is out there. I see various quotes stating to expect pricing similar to current GLK. Now since I want to be as fair as possible when I did my comparison I did so based on how I wanted my vehicle which is to have all the premium and technology options. I don’t care 2 much for the styling so when I was loking at price quotes I did not care about the AMG or M sport packages.
i. 2015 GLK. GLK 350, Premium, Multimedia, heated front seats, keyless go, 4 matic, driver assist package, parking assist package is $52,885
ii. 2016 X1. Cold weather package (heated seats), Drive assist package, Drive assistance plus ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, premium, technology package is $44,995
iii. Difference is 7890 for similar equipped vehicles.
3. There is also a GLA SUV which has pretty good reviews
a. This is all personal opinion of course so take with grain of salt. This does not look like an SUV as It looks like a car. Because of that wife and I immediately eliminated it from contention. The only thing it has similar to the X1 is the pricing as a comparable ( to my liking) is 43,855. I don’t think they have features like handless tail gate opening or does it parallel park by itself. So I feel this is more like apples to oranges as the GLA is nowhere near aesthetically pleasing nor it can match up technology wise. We even tried seeing it in person several times and it’s a big nope because its ugly. Sorry again its just personal experience.
4. A proper comparison of this vehicle should be the Lexus NX F sport but the X1 beat the NX in my personal comparison as well. The price of the X1 is slightly lower than the NX and the X1 has better technology than the NX. The only thing im waiting for is to test drive the X1. Need to see how the space in 2nd row compares with the NX as well as see how the drive compares to the NX F sport.
I do stand corrected. I was mixing up facts & opinions.

I should have stated that the X1 vs. X3 as I would have liked it (xdrive X1 vs. X3 sdrive) with similar options will be within 10% of each other. It is not an apples to apples comparison (for the most part IMO car shopping is rarely apples to apples especially in cases like mine - e.g. I cross shop BMW & Subaru)

The X1 is also top of my shopping list. I was however hoping that it would be $1-2k cheaper than what has been announced by BMW. After all, they did go to a FWD platform to reduce costs. The pricing has however increased compared to their E84 platform (abt $2k)

If the goal for introducing a FWD platform X1 is to lure premium shoppers from Honda, Toyota, Ford, GM,... brands; the current BMW pricing for 2016 X1 is a step away from that goal. I guess that was the point I was trying to make.

·
Drink the koolaid or else
2,691 Posts
Base price is for Xdrive on the new 16. It should drop about $1800 on the fwd once it comes out similar to the difference we currently have.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I do stand corrected. I was mixing up facts & opinions.

I should have stated that the X1 vs. X3 as I would have liked it (xdrive X1 vs. X3 sdrive) with similar options will be within 10% of each other. It is not an apples to apples comparison (for the most part IMO car shopping is rarely apples to apples especially in cases like mine - e.g. I cross shop BMW & Subaru)

The X1 is also top of my shopping list. I was however hoping that it would be $1-2k cheaper than what has been announced by BMW. After all, they did go to a FWD platform to reduce costs. The pricing has however increased compared to their E84 platform (abt $2k)

If the goal for introducing a FWD platform X1 is to lure premium shoppers from Honda, Toyota, Ford, GM,... brands; the current BMW pricing for 2016 X1 is a step away from that goal. I guess that was the point I was trying to make.
yep yep i hear ya. i think they figured out they were way below the market in the luxury section and decided to bump it up. Lets see if the new platform also provides extra legroom.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts