1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m wanting to do a new build of an x2 m35i - the sales person said that I would need to put down 8K to proceed with the new build. That sounds bizarre and unreasonable to me. I can see putting down $500 or 1K, but 8K? I haven’t spoken with her again (she dropped this on me on a short conversation while I was driving and I didn’t respond). Tell me this isn’t the norm for a new build.

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
2,317 Posts
I don’t know.
That being said cars are very hard to get right now. The dealers are having a hard time getting cars to sell due to Covid, chip shortage, a combination of factors.
Call another dealer and spec it the same and see what they want you to put down.

·
Registered
344 Posts
slightly off topic, I have an x2 M35, it is a fun vehicle with an aura of practicality. Good Luck with the hunt. I really enjoy my car, fast, handles well from my perspective and you can carry stuff and people. Plus not a lot of us out there with this model

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,776 Posts
I’m wanting to do a new build of an x2 m35i - the sales person said that I would need to put down 8K to proceed with the new build. That sounds bizarre and unreasonable to me. I can see putting down $500 or 1K, but 8K? I haven’t spoken with her again (she dropped this on me on a short conversation while I was driving and I didn’t respond). Tell me this isn’t the norm for a new build.
Welcome to the Forum! 8K is quite high for a deposit to order, of course it's a strange world we are currently living in. I do not know where you are located, but if close to Jon Shafer in CA (see the OP of this thread) or want to take delivery of your new car in South Carolina at the Performance Center, I highly encourage you to reach out to him!

Reactions: Judy G

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don’t know.
That being said cars are very hard to get right now. The dealers are having a hard time getting cars to sell due to Covid, chip shortage, a combination of factors. There’s plenty of people paying money and waiting 2+ months right now. 8k seems high but what’s the cost of the car? If you load it up I’m guessing you could maybe hit 70-80k?? I donno never looked at them but that would be roughly 10% which doesn’t seem unreasonable.
Call another dealer and spec it the same and see what they want you to put down.

So I'm totally embarrassed. I spoke with the salesperson again yesterday, and brought up the 8K deposit she had told me about... and she hadn't. I'd misheard her - the deposit is 1K, which is not at all unreasonable IMHO. 😬

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good news, while the X2 forum is not too active there is a ton of good advice on the board on various sub forums and threads. I would say no question is too simple but there are a few prickly folks out there who don't recall when they were new to the forum or the brand. The hard part now is the wait. There are threads that will give you advice on how to track your car through production and shipping. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
250 Posts
[mention]Jon Shafer [/mention] hi :) any chance you have MY22 i3 guides?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
There's a surprise with the M35i. The optional 20" wheels and tires are an oddball size that seems to only be used on the X2, and they're only available in run-flats the last time I checked Tire Rack. The M35i also does not offer a spare tire as an option. The 28i does. This seems to be because the M35i has larger front brakes that would not fit inside the spare tire's wheel. There are discussions that the 28i's spare would fit on the back axle of the M35i, though.

Run-flats have a limited range when un-inflated. So, think what would happen if you shredded a run-flat-tire in Bitchslap, Arkansas while you were passing through on a Saturday night.

The main reason I buy expensive cars is for road trips, and a road-trip-worthy car, buy definition, has a spare tire.

·
Registered
988 Posts
@Jon Shafer have you heard anything in regards to the start of MY22 being delayed? I have seen a few posts now where dealers have told folks MY22 will be delayed until Fall or Winter. I think the pricing/order guides for most series come out around now so would imagine we will know one way or the other soon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am awaiting the 2022 Ordering Guides to determine if BMW is bringing back Tanzanite Blue to the X5 40i. If not, I will have to order the X7 40i to get that color. If TB is not going to be on the '22 X5, then I will simply order a 2021 X7 now, but if TB is coming back on the '22 X5, I will order that when availability opens. Does anyone know when the 2022 X5 and X7 ordering Guides are coming out?

·
Registered
988 Posts
@Jon Shafer , I see the 3 Series and X7 ordering/pricing guides were released the other day. Can you post the pricing guides for those, and any others, when you have time?

Thanks for all you do for the forum.

Edit: Just saw a post that the X5 guides are out and the SOP is June so hopefully you have that. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
@Jon Shafer , I see the 3 Series and X7 ordering/pricing guides were released the other day. Can you post the pricing guides for those, and any others, when you have time?

Thanks for all you do for the forum.

Edit: Just saw a post that the X5 guides are out and the SOP is June so hopefully you have that. :)
Can someone tell me where the 2022 X7 ordering/pricing guide is? I have looked through the forums and I don't see it. Thank you!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here is the Ordering Guide.
Hello TurtleBoy and THANK YOU for that, but I have a few questions for you or anyone. I was just at my dealer last week about to order a 2021 X7 40i. I noticed that the Harman Kardon was not listed as either standard OR available in ANY package for the X7 40i. My dealer then informed me that the chip shortage is reducing availability of the Harman Kardon stereo option. Therefore BMW removed it from the premium package option list midway through the 2021 model year for the X7 40i and you can only get it on the X7 50i. So I decided NOT to order the 2021. I noticed in the 2022 X7 ordering Guide that the Harman Kardon is still not available for the X7 40i. Do you or anyone else know if the Harman Kardon stereo may become available again on the 2022 X7 40i?

Also, do you or anyone else have the 2022 X7 pricing Guide? Do you or anyone know when the 2022 X5 ordering/pricing Guide will be available?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hello TurtleBoy and THANK YOU for that, but I have a few questions for you or anyone. I was just at my dealer last week about to order a 2021 X7 40i. I noticed that the Harman Kardon was not listed as either standard OR available in ANY package for the X7 40i. My dealer then informed me that the chip shortage is reducing availability of the Harman Kardon stereo option. Therefore BMW removed it from the premium package option list midway through the 2021 model year for the X7 40i and you can only get it on the X7 50i. So I decided NOT to order the 2021. I noticed in the 2022 X7 ordering Guide that the Harman Kardon is still not available for the X7 40i. Do you or anyone else know if the Harman Kardon stereo may become available again on the 2022 X7 40i?

Also, do you or anyone else have the 2022 X7 pricing Guide? Do you or anyone know when the 2022 X5 ordering/pricing Guide will be available?
I haven't seen the pricing guide yet for the X7. I personally always use the pricing guides rather than the ordering guides but the pricing guide may not be out yet.

I don't think anyone, including those inside BMW, can say for sure when HK and some other options will be coming back. The CEO of BMWAG said last month that things should return to balance within two year at the latest. My guess is that it will be back later in MY22.

The X5 guides have been delayed from when they usually come and are supposed to be out this month.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't seen the pricing guide yet for the X7. I personally always use the pricing guides rather than the ordering guides but the pricing guide may not be out yet.

I don't think anyone, including those inside BMW, can say for sure when HK and some other options will be coming back. The CEO of BMWAG said last month that things should return to balance within two year at the latest. My guess is that it will be back later in MY22.

The X5 guides have been delayed from when they usually come and are supposed to be out this month.

I'm with you.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts