BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Modern Line Spottings

1356 6
So I should be getting my new 328i Sport any day now. Beyond climbing the walls waiting for it, I have been like a shark on the lookout for new F30s. My area of coverage is the Philly Burbs, and South Jersey. Too date I have seen perhaps four new F30s on the road. All of them were base models with no lines.

Yesterday in South Jersey I saw my first Modern Line car. From the outside, it looks pretty good, but even from inside my car, I could see it was one of the hideous interior setups with the cream colored gauges. The driver was a female, probably in her late 30s to early 40s. My wife was besides herself, and could not believe someone would buy that.

My dealership has had a modern line 328i with the cream interior and the funky wood in their show room for almost 6 months. My CA said they can't sell it to save their lives. Even the beat to hell sport model demo car was sold.

Anyone else actually seen a Modern Line on the road??
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Yes I actually have and I figured that if you look around the road

40 yr old adults that are clueless lost about cars would buy the modern line and I hope someone can agree with me on this

Sport line is for those that know about cars, and those that gave up on the sporty mode would go for the luxury
I have seen 0 F30 in my area of the Philly burbs but I'm not looking that hard. It seems like everyone and their dog around here already jumped to the F40 model... Oh no wait that's a Ferrari :bigpimp:

So are you saying people hate the Venetian Beige interior? Mmh good to know, I was sort of interested in this interior color but if I can't sell the car later I would rather stay with black. Am I understanding this right?
Drove a modern-line 328i during the USA Drive and it had the funky wood trim interior - just looked plain awful and ghetto - sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. :bigpimp:
It is the Modern Line in combination with the Oyster Interior + the funky wood trim which ends up making the inside hideous. Looks like no one but me has seen one yet, which is probably a good thing.
I agree driving in and around the Philly area and suburbs I may havecome across maybe 2 F30 .... I was kinda surprised cuz I thought there'd been a lot of pent up demand. Alternatively what I think may have happened is that a lot of potential buyers snapped up some pretty sweet deals on '11 models. To me the 2012/2013 is a no brainer over the previous model.

I think BMW also blew a golden opportunity to put one past Audi . The designation of lines iis according to me the equivalent of shooting urself in the foot. I love some of the options available interior trims on the luxury line esp. the saddle brown leather which is truly a class apart. But the fact that I cannot get this in the sportsline makes me annoyed. :mad:

So to be able to get saddle brown and be able to enjoy the reason as to why I actually bought the 3 series , I have to spend an extra 1000 $ on getting the dynamic handling package. I still cant get the sposrts seats though or the sport transmission.

BTW I just put in an order for a luxury line 335i with dynamic handling package.
It is the Modern Line in combination with the Oyster Interior + the funky wood trim which ends up making the inside hideous. Looks like no one but me has seen one yet, which is probably a good thing.
I'd be curious to see sales figures for the different lines.

I'm willing to be that the modern line has 10% take rate or less. I won't be surprised if the modern line goes away or gets a makeover.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.