BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
Time to mod the 3er! I've held out long enough.
I'm not looking at a pozer but rather functional (track) mods. Here's the list so far:

1) Goodridge stainless lines.
2) UUC SSK.
3) UUS Sways.
4) Suspension (choice from 2):
a) H&K Springs W/Bilstein shocks.
b) Bilstein PSS9 coil overs.
5) Aftermarket rear shock mounts.
6) R compound tires W/rims.

·
10,856 Posts
Might consider the Rob Knob.
Otherwise... :thumbup:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
1) Sways

2) SSL + ATE superblue/Typ 200

3) SSK

Everything else isn't necessary until you can out-dirve your car.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
if you're gonna' do all *that* (thanks TD), why not just buy an m3?

now git' down and give me 20!!

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The HACK said:
1) Sways

2) SSL + ATE superblue/Typ 200

3) SSK

Everything else isn't necessary until you can out-dirve your car.
That was not in any particular order HACK. I changed over to Super Blue the first week I bought the car (I even run it in my 525 which never sees a track) The SSL will be first and the SSK 2nd for sure. I can drive the heck out of the car and can beat many more capable cars around the track.

I'd say I'll probably change to track tires/rims before I change the Sways. The sways/shocks/springs (or coilsovers) will all come about the same time.

Next (not on the list) would be a brake upgrade and finally exhaust/engine mods.

·
10,856 Posts
DougDogs said:
Doug, is the M3 in or out at this point??? or still undecided???
If he's modding the 325, the M3 is out.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mystikal said:
If you didn't do the clutch stop yet I'd put that #1.
I've played with the clutch stop a bit. I may play more later. My car is a Nov '01 prod so it's not as easy to change. I have not seen a DIY for the newer ones yet (anybody know a link?)

I'm sure I can figure out how to move it.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
in_d_haus said:

That was not in any particular order HACK. I changed over to Super Blue the first week I bought the car (I even run it in my 525 which never sees a track) The SSL will be first and the SSK 2nd for sure. I can drive the heck out of the car and can beat many more capable cars around the track.

I'd say I'll probably change to track tires/rims before I change the Sways. The sways/shocks/springs (or coilsovers) will all come about the same time.

Next (not on the list) would be a brake upgrade and finally exhaust/engine mods.
If you're changing brake lines you will need to flush the brakes anyway...Glad you're running ATE Superblue already.

Sorry if I'm implying you need more skillz...I think the rims/tires would probably make the biggest difference. I would suggest doing the smaller impact stuff first though, and gradually work your way up to full suspension, this way it won't be like a new car you'd have to learn on track. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DougDogs said:
Doug, is the M3 in or out at this point??? or still undecided???
I actually cancelled the M order today. Things just do not look rosey to go out and buy a $60K car right now. I've got the casy for the down and am willing to part with some of it for mods to the 325.

I told my dealer I'd be back in cash in hand in a year if things changs...PLUS I'm going nuts jonsing fo te track!!! :yikes:

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The HACK said:

If you're changing brake lines you will need to flush the brakes anyway...Glad you're running ATE Superblue already.

Sorry if I'm implying you need more skillz...I think the rims/tires would probably make the biggest difference. I would suggest doing the smaller impact stuff first though, and gradually work your way up to full suspension, this way it won't be like a new car you'd have to learn on track. :thumbup:
No offense taken Dan, I tell people the same thing all the time. I rotate between type 200 and SB every fluid change (color makes it easy)

Driving schools are the #1 way to make your car go faster and I'll be doing more of them as well.

·
10,856 Posts
in_d_haus said:
I may splurge on an ///M steering wheel as fluff...they do have a nicer feel than the stock or SP wheel.
I like mine. :)

·
10,856 Posts
in_d_haus said:
WOW...the guys at Turner Motorsports actually talked me out of the PSS9s and toward the (less expensive) H&Ks and Bilsteins...:yikes:
Out of curiosity, why?

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
MOD TIME!! :bigpimp:

Btw, I am actually looking at brake lines too. Haven't found a good place to buy online. Which brand is good? Earl or Fischer or Goodridge?

Doug, HACK (probably need some help from ya soon...:D)? Anyone?
For the track only Goodridge is recommended. They are the only ones that test the assembled lines.

www.hmsmotorsports.com

1 - 20 of 52 Posts