BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just bought a 2008 550i 6 speed M-Sport and I was poking around in the trunk area and saw that there were a few modules not secured to the body in any way. They were still wired up and there aren't any error lights or anything but I can tell that it's been tampered with. The aux input in the IDrive screen is grayed out and the USB port in the console doesn't work. I read that the MULF2 module is related and I checked all the fuses and nothing fixed it. I guess my main question is where these modules are supposed to be attached.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 325i sedan 5mt, 2009 535xi Touring 6mt
640 Posts
I know on the wagons these were originally store under the spare tire. Then there were problems with sun roof drains clogging and the tire well would fill with water and kill the modules. So BMW started moving them over to the compartment on the left side of the trunk.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The smaller white module is your tire pressure control module. The black one is the PDC, parking sensor control. And the larger aluminum one I'm not completely sure. It might be a speaker amplifier. These modules are typically under the spare tire well so it was smart of them to move them, however it certainly looks tampered with. The greyed out aux in might point to that the radio unit was replaced at one point but not coded properly or at all.

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,999 Posts
Yea, it looks like a mixture of stuff that is supposed to be mounted and isn't and relocated modules from the spare tire well (which is done to prevent water intrusion). It needs to be all cleaned up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The large aluminum one is is either an amp or possibly the Bluetooth module, they both use the fiber optic system and have a similar connector. I do see a very large second aluminum module at the back though so my bet is on it being the Bluetooth module.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts