BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
No shirt-No shoes-No dice
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow 'festers -

I finally test-drove the 330i E90 today and placed my order! Very exciting, and a nice experience so far at Circle BMW, here in NJ.

I must admit that going in I was gung-ho on Monaco Blue as my color choice after studying the online pics here and the configurator on the BMW site, etc... Bear in mind, today was probably the most summer-like day of the year, with the sun shining brightly most of the day. Our CA took us out for the test drive in a TiAg 330i that online pix did not do justice to. Fell in love immediately.

Now I was conflicted. I was certain about the Monaco Blue for weeks while mulling over all the literature, and now I had a change of heart. Of course, I asked to see Monaco Blue version to make up my mind. When our CA took us around to the back lot, I nearly walked right past it because I thought it was black! There was a thin layer of pollen dust on the car which completely removed the sheen, and consequently any hint of blue-ness. I couldn't believe my eyes. I rubbed a few square inches of the dust off of the corner of the front bumper and suddenly there was no mistaking that the car was deep blue in that one little patch.

All I could think about was having to get real close with a detailer just to keep the car looking decent. I mean, I'm gonna be a nut about that to some degree anyway, but jeez, this was really bad.

So.. I went with the TiAg with no regrets. Won't get my production number until Monday and already I'm checking out the calendar 6 weeks from now!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I felt the same about Monaco - its just too damn dark. Too bad BMW didn't go with a pretty medium blue.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I the same exprience with the Saphire Black I had ordered. After seeing picture I was sure Black was the way to go. But when I saw the Titanium Silver in person ( next to the black) I changed my order. Its funny how the photo's can be so diffrent fro real life. I also love how easy the silver is to keep clean, or I guess how it looks clean even when it is dirty.

My only problem with the TiAg is the contrast between the body and the wheels. With a dark color like black or the Monaco the wheels really pop. With Silver the tend to blend in (especially since the tires ar so low profile). The SG and to a lesser extent the artic are a good compromise, but I just can't deal with all the wacky color shifts. The first time i saw the SG (on the show a show room floor) it looked like an eggplant. (In all fairness I saw one on the road a few days later and it looked fine, it's just not the color for me)

Now if BMW could only solve the break dust dirty wheel thing....

·
Registered
60 Posts
TiAG was my first choice, but the dealer only had one SG sports pkg available (walked-in on first day of release, didn't pre-order). I didn't care for SG at first and agree it does look like an eggplant in dusk lighting. Surprisingly my wife digs it and now I'm glad we got SG, it's a very interesting color. It looks really exquisite at nite.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ditto, After a week I did my 1st good hand washing. The car you could not even tell. Wheels were filthy. When axxis pads come available for the E90 im switching..

·
Registered
801 Posts
jpsquared said:
Hey fellow 'festers -

I finally test-drove the 330i E90 today and placed my order! Very exciting, and a nice experience so far at Circle BMW, here in NJ.

I must admit that going in I was gung-ho on Monaco Blue as my color choice after studying the online pics here and the configurator on the BMW site, etc... Bear in mind, today was probably the most summer-like day of the year, with the sun shining brightly most of the day. Our CA took us out for the test drive in a TiAg 330i that online pix did not do justice to. Fell in love immediately.

Now I was conflicted. I was certain about the Monaco Blue for weeks while mulling over all the literature, and now I had a change of heart. Of course, I asked to see Monaco Blue version to make up my mind. When our CA took us around to the back lot, I nearly walked right past it because I thought it was black! There was a thin layer of pollen dust on the car which completely removed the sheen, and consequently any hint of blue-ness. I couldn't believe my eyes. I rubbed a few square inches of the dust off of the corner of the front bumper and suddenly there was no mistaking that the car was deep blue in that one little patch.

All I could think about was having to get real close with a detailer just to keep the car looking decent. I mean, I'm gonna be a nut about that to some degree anyway, but jeez, this was really bad.

So.. I went with the TiAg with no regrets. Won't get my production number until Monday and already I'm checking out the calendar 6 weeks from now!
Can you comment on what type of deal you are getting from Circle???

Anything off MSRP?

thanks

·
just copacetic!!!
2019 230i MSptPkg
1,644 Posts
The Monaco Blue looks very similar to the Orient Blue, maybe a tad darker for the MB. Like all darker colors, they look very appealing when clean, but they show dirt very easily. The dealer had a MB on the front entrance that was recently washed and it looked nice. I have the OB and use the Calif. duster each morning before driving off and usually don't have to wash the car for 2-3 weeks - just clean the wheels in between.

·
No shirt-No shoes-No dice
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
peakpro said:
Can you comment on what type of deal you are getting from Circle???

Anything off MSRP?

thanks
Peakpro - Admittedly, I wasn't very aggressive in pushing a deal, in fact my wife who's usually way better at that than me to begin with, actually was the one suggesting we just sign on the dotted line. I swear it must've been the test drive, because normally I don't lose it like that. I guess my emotions got the best of me. At any rate, MSRP is what I'm paying - a skootch over 45k all-in after tax, etc. :tsk:

I did notice, however, nearly every E90 in their lot is non-NAV, non ZSP. I saw about 9 cars including the test driver, and maybe 2 were 6MT as well. I get the feeling that these may be the cars to bargain for. However if ordering, they didn't seem too open to dealing. I think the problem with Circle may be twofold -

1. They move a lot of 5's, 6's & 7's because of the locale. Why bother with negotiations on the 3 with the high-end going strong?

and 2. Their internet parts business and service area are huge

But from a non BS standpoint, my CA - Tathiana, answered all of our questions without hesitation, and was very relaxed and pleasant to deal with. She was a hoot on the test drive, urging me to go faster and "don't touch the brakes!" on some twisty roads in Colt's Neck...

·
Registered
801 Posts
thanks for the info...

i purchased a Z4 there last fall and got a good deal due to the incentives...

when I went this past Feb to price an X3 for my wife they were just not willing to deal....

i was just curious what they were doing with the new 3's

best of luck with your new car....i am not a fan of the design but it drives like nothing else...

·
Registered
801 Posts
calvado said:
I'm planning to get 1250$ under MSRP on a 325i stripped ... Why ? Because I'll pay cash without financing...
I paid cash for both of my cars. (04 Z4 and 05 325i)

It made no difference in either negotiation.

Do you have a signed deal?

I have heard of some doing better than 1250 off msrp.

·
Registered
368 Posts
jpsquared said:
Peakpro - Admittedly, I wasn't very aggressive in pushing a deal, in fact my wife who's usually way better at that than me to begin with, actually was the one suggesting we just sign on the dotted line. I swear it must've been the test drive, because normally I don't lose it like that. I guess my emotions got the best of me. At any rate, MSRP is what I'm paying - a skootch over 45k all-in after tax, etc. :tsk:

I did notice, however, nearly every E90 in their lot is non-NAV, non ZSP. I saw about 9 cars including the test driver, and maybe 2 were 6MT as well. I get the feeling that these may be the cars to bargain for. However if ordering, they didn't seem too open to dealing. I think the problem with Circle may be twofold -

1. They move a lot of 5's, 6's & 7's because of the locale. Why bother with negotiations on the 3 with the high-end going strong?

and 2. Their internet parts business and service area are huge

But from a non BS standpoint, my CA - Tathiana, answered all of our questions without hesitation, and was very relaxed and pleasant to deal with. She was a hoot on the test drive, urging me to go faster and "don't touch the brakes!" on some twisty roads in Colt's Neck...
:tsk: Monmouth County?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Monaco blue

Black or blue - it depends on the lighting conditions.

Monaco blue is comparable to Carbon black and gives a mysterious touch like all the new colours like Sparkling graphite or Arctic.

Monaco blue was my best choice - I have two colours on a car. :D

The E46 is black sapphire, my E87 is Monaco blue:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
jpsquared said:
When our CA took us around to the back lot, I nearly walked right past it because I thought it was black! There was a thin layer of pollen dust on the car which completely removed the sheen, and consequently any hint of blue-ness. I couldn't believe my eyes. I rubbed a few square inches of the dust off of the corner of the front bumper and suddenly there was no mistaking that the car was deep blue in that one little patch.
This is exactly why I love Carbon Black.

·
Registered
507 Posts
nudel said:
Black or blue - it depends on the lighting conditions.

Monaco blue is comparable to Carbon black and gives a mysterious touch like all the new colours like Sparkling graphite or Arctic.

Monaco blue was my best choice - I have two colours on a car. :D
MB is my best choice as well! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts