Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Corporate Lease rate and was wondering what my MF should be for this month for a 2017 sDrive X1 in inventory. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
I have a Corporate Lease rate and was wondering what my MF should be for this month for a 2017 sDrive X1 in inventory. Thanks!
There is no longer a rate reduction for corporate fleet, and MF right now is .00151 - .00191, negotiable between you and the dealer.

Corporate rebate has also been reduced for most models (it was only 500 for X1s to begin with). X1s also do not have quite as much spread between MSRP and invoice as other models... if i remember, on X1s it works out to be somewhere around 6.2 or 6.3 percent, but you can figure out invoice by going to edmunds and building your prospective car.

You would have been much better off had you chosen to purchase when you were looking earlier this year, as it relates to your corporate discount.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=980377&highlight=

·
Registered
2019 Silver 740i
643 Posts
There is no longer a rate reduction for corporate fleet, and MF right now is .00151 - .00191, negotiable between you and the dealer.
I would phrase it a bit differently. "The current money factor offered by BMW Finance is .00151 - anything quoted higher includes a dealer markup that can be negotiated away"

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
I would phrase it a bit differently. "The current money factor offered by BMW Finance is .00151 - anything quoted higher includes a dealer markup that can be negotiated away"
And I wouldnt phrase it that way, because thats not accurate (and statements like that are one of the many reasons our dealer reps no longer post here).

One has to look at the overall deal.. sometimes they might sell the car low enough to make taking a higher money factor ok. Just because a deal has base rate money factor does not make it a good deal. "its all math" as one of our dealer reps used to say. They have to make money somewhere, and if someone insists on base rate, they MAY pay more for the car than someone who allows a bit of markup.

Anyway, your statement is incorrect, in that there are dealers who have policies that will not let them quote base rate. One is free to move on from those dealers but just telling someone unilaterally they can "negotiate it away" is false.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts