Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be getting my car any day now. The dealer initially offered a money factory of 0.00250 on my three-year lease of a 330i with 15,000 miles per year. I countered with 0.00200 with no security deposit and he said the best they could do would be 0.00239. What are other people getting as their money factors for this month?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Jon_Hanson said:
I should be getting my car any day now. The dealer initially offered a money factory of 0.00250 on my three-year lease of a 330i with 15,000 miles per year. I countered with 0.00200 with no security deposit and he said the best they could do would be 0.00239. What are other people getting as their money factors for this month?
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126517

They have more room to negotiate but its loks like you are getting the standard .0004 margin.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure I understand where the 0.0004 margin comes from that you are talking about. I'm aware of the base money factor of 0.00195 (this is why I initially offered a money factor of 0.00200). They're probably not as open for negotiating now that the car is here but I'm trying to get the best deal possible. Another factor affecting the money factor is that I've asked for no security deposit and I know that causes the money factor to go up.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Jon_Hanson said:
I'm not sure I understand where the 0.0004 margin comes from that you are talking about. I'm aware of the base money factor of 0.00195 (this is why I initially offered a money factor of 0.00200). They're probably not as open for negotiating now that the car is here but I'm trying to get the best deal possible. Another factor affecting the money factor is that I've asked for no security deposit and I know that causes the money factor to go up.
The .0004 margin is usually the standard markup over the buy rate. Here's a good thread about the merits of such a margin. Its called profit usually.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126475

I think no Security deposit means .00015 addition to the MF. If you were a previous BMWFS customer, they usually waive this.

·
Who, me?
2,733 Posts
.0004 is the MAXIMUM markup that BMWFS allows...

With no security deposit, the base MF on the 330i is .0021... So, .0025 is the maximum they can charge...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts