BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 500 dollars to spend on my 330Ci. Anyone have Ideas of the BEST thing I could do to my car for that amount.

See I was thinking Cold air intake. But then I have a little amount to spend after. and I dont know if I want one big think or a bunch of little things? you know! lol

Like Maybe Carbon Fiber Trimming That looks clean. Or maybe Gauges? Naa thats to Honda? lol What do you guys think?

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
M-sport wheel?

G

·
Hmmm.... $500.

Yeah, that'll pay for a year's BMW CCA membership ($35) a helmet ($250) and drivers school ($175/day) with money left over for gas.

Drivers school is the single best mod any BMW driver can buy. After a school, you realize how much the car's limits exceed your own as a driver, even with the car BONE STOCK.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
TD said:
Hmmm.... $500.

Yeah, that'll pay for a year's BMW CCA membership ($35) a helmet ($250) and drivers school ($175/day) with money left over for gas.

Drivers school is the single best mod any BMW driver can buy. After a school, you realize how much the car's limits exceed your own as a driver, even with the car BONE STOCK.
nevermind my answer, i back this one.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
TD said:
Hmmm.... $500.

I had some ideas, but then I saw this. I can't argue, he's right. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Mystikal said:

I had some ideas, but then I saw this. I can't argue, he's right. :thumb:
DAMN, I still can't believe I'm about to say what I AM going to say... I couldn't agree more... With TD!!! :yikes: That would certainly be the wisest way to spend those $500.00...

I'll bookmark this thread... Let's see how long it takes for me to agree with something somebody quotes TD on... :rolleyes:

Edit:

You guys ever wonder why I keep my cars stock?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
ALEX325i said:
You guys ever wonder why I keep my cars stock?
From a a logical standpoint, modifying cars is the biggest waste of money on the planet, save for maybe travelling. People spend $700 on exhaust systems for their Civics and Integras when the entire engine is worth $1000. :confused:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Mystikal said:

From a a logical standpoint, modifying cars is the biggest waste of money on the planet, save for maybe travelling. People spend $700 on exhaust systems for their Civics and Integras when the entire engine is worth $1000. :confused:
Well, I keep my cars stock (ok, I installed an ECIS CAI on the 325i) more because of what TD said... The car's limits (BMW's at least) exceed your own as a driver, even with the car BONE STOCK...

G

·
However, once you get out there and do some track time, you start saying to yourself, "I wish my car would feel more (or less) like [blank]". That's when the mods start.

That's not to say the car wasn't great to start with or that it's capabilites aren't still far beyond your own. You just kind of get that bug...

But I'd never get an itch for, say, headlight eyebrows.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
OK, I've changed my mind. Ditto what TD says (I love it when guys agree with Tom).

:D

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
TD said:

Like YOU'd ever buy a helmet and take your car out on a track...
Tom, you know me far too well. You're right...I would never do that to MY car. But you, my good friend, have a cherry M3. Care to share the driving opportunities with me at the next local autox? How 'bout if I pick up the tab for BOTH of our entry fees?

J/K.

G

·
hts said:

Tom, you know me far too well. You're right...I would never do that to MY car. But you, my good friend, have a cherry M3. Care to share the driving opportunities with me at the next local autox? How 'bout if I pick up the tab for BOTH of our entry fees?

J/K.
Um, no.

I abuse it enough as is.

And I'll be on new soft rubber by then.

BTW, were you in search of a front or rear Conti?

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:
Hmmm.... $500.

Expensive track day! :yikes:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Mystikal said:

Not really, it depends on what you buy.

Say you buy performance engine software for $400, that will last the life of the car. You enjoy your car more, that's what counts. I know that I wish the 330 had Dinan software after taking it to TWS.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

It's $350 for a weekend plus you have to get a tech inspection before each school (another ~$150).
DAMN

I have spent as low as $205 for a 2 day PCA shool WITH Polo Shirt and food.

This last one was $250 1st driver/$225 2nd. If I go to the next BMWCCA school the July (in DFW), I was told it would be $210 for the weekend.

Why the hell is tech inspection so expensive? You are getting ripped off for that.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Not really, it depends on what you buy.

Say you buy performance engine software for $400, that will last the life of the car. You enjoy your car more, that's what counts. I know that I wish the 330 had Dinan software after taking it to TWS.
Think logically. You spend $35k for a car then spend $400 for a few hp and RPM's. I'm not saying that it won't make you feel good (like my vacationing reference) but rationally it is a waste of money.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts