BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so i found these pics on another forum. Can anyone Confirm 100%, that this is the new Montego blue that will be on the new X3???

Definitive

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Montego Blue replaces Mystic Blue everywhere on all models I believe.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I believe so. Someone else on this board has a 2007 Z4 in Montego Blue as his sig.

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
IMO, regardless of what color this is, these photos make the new coupe really look like a Honda Accord.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Pedal2Floor said:
Yep! :tsk: looks E-X-A-C-T-L-Y like a Honda Accord Coupe! :nono:
I was thinking the Accord Sedan.....the coupe's taillights are more triangular in shape than the 3 coupe.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
AzNMpower32 said:
I was thinking the Accord Sedan.....the coupe's taillights are more triangular in shape than the 3 coupe.
I'm with ya -- at the end of the day between DOT rules and design limitations, there is only so many variations you will have. Also, there is a balance between unique, utility and ugly

Everyone I believe tries to copy each that is why they are always taping up their cars from spy shots so that nobody steals their cues but it happens anyhow.

I guess I don't look at just a single detail and look at the whole package.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
This is a pic from my March 2006 Euro Delivery taken from the ED center cafe in Munich. That's my friend's Accord coupe...couldn't resist posting in this discussion. (the car wasn't my new one...just a random E90 we parked next to)....that's Mystic Blue which is very close to Montego.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Yes, that's Montego Blue.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
MARCUS330i said:
This is a pic from my March 2006 Euro Delivery taken from the ED center cafe in Munich. That's my friend's Accord coupe...couldn't resist posting in this discussion. (the car wasn't my new one...just a random E90 we parked next to)....that's Mystic Blue which is very close to Montego.
There is a certain segment of the market that will buy on pure impluse and emotion. In Autoweek there was story about how important color is and if company has a certain shade of Red and company has no Red and that person really wants "red", they will buy from the other company just because they have red.

I believe that most auto companies have dedicated teams to define colors for the following model year and everyone has to have a blue, black etc. I am not at all surprised that every company has a similar blue.

My favorite colors are still the ones offered on the Lotus Elise!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts