BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
I will say that on the ugly scale, with a 1 being the BMW Z8 or any recent Aston Martin or Ferrari and a 10 being the E65 (with the Pontiac Aztek coming in at 9), THIS car rates only about a 7.5. It's not NEARLY as ugly or unharmonious as the E65. This car is only about as ugly as the typical Hyundai.

·
Registered
343 Posts
did anyone read this? Pretty funny...:D

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/index.html

Esp. this part:
"There are certain things one can always rely on BMW to provide, and a beer at this time in the morning is one of them. Cheers. Suitably refreshed, I tried to locate the new CS1 concept car only to find that some clot had simply cut down an old NSU Prinz and stuck it where this exciting new design should have been. I was so disgusted I had to return to the bar area for another couple of liveners before taking one more glance at the spot where the CS1 should have been. Approaching from another angle I was even more horrifed to find that now someone had simply placed a big pile of shite on the upper deck of the show stand. Come on Mr Bangle, where was the supposedly sexy CS1? Only four people in the world claim to like the new 7-series, and one of them is your wife, so you need some evidence of your design abilities, and sharpish!"

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Tom , didn't know that you like the Aztek better than the E65 :D

But I'm guessing that your's is a big disappointment rather than hate, no ?

G

·
Alex Baumann said:
Tom , didn't know that you like the Aztek better than the E65 :D

But I'm guessing that your's is a big disappointment rather than hate, no ?
Honestly, it's more along the lines of sadness and anger. Kind of a "you can never go home again" sort of feeling.

The car company I fell in love with is no more. They might as well have been bought out by Ford because, for all extents and purposes, they are no more. The cars begam to lose their enthusiast feel with the 2001 E46s and now we learn that the E46 will be the last attractive BMW.

I really have grown fond of the marque and do associate myself with it, but I just cannot bring myself to accept what's going on much less buy one of these things. Not unlike losing a friend, I feel I've lost something that has been important to me. And I feel that this is all taking place in a shameless pursuit of $$$, hence the anger.

Love live my E36.

·
super-sexy
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Teej, check this one out (from the archives)

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/issue002.html

NEW BMW 7-SERIES DEVELOPS COGNITIVE REASONING
With dozens of on-board computers and a 42-volt electrical system, BMW's new 7-series is one of the cleverest cars around. So clever in fact that it has developed cognitive reasoning and the ability to consider its own destiny. "We first realised how clever this car was during early testing," says an anonymous engineer who worked on the project, "an air-con calibration car became paranoid about spy photographers and refused to leave the garage until we had fitted it with 'some sort of hat'". The development team was even more alarmed when two powertrain assessment cars started to grow opposable thumbs and a crash test car was heard to shout "Owww" during a low speed impact simulation. Most disturbing of all, an electronics verification vehicle responded to anyone who failed to follow road directions from the satellite navigation by sticking its virtual tongue into its chin and going "MNNNNNUUURRR" in a sarcastic way. We rang BMW in Munich for further comment but Sniff Petrol isn't very good at German and we accidentally asked them for directions to the station instead. "It's just around the corner," a spokesperson said. "Opposite the town hall," they added, mysteriously.
This is like the Onion of car industry news :p

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
TD said:

Honestly, it's more along the lines of sadness and anger. Kind of a "you can never go home again" sort of feeling.

The car company I fell in love with is no more. They might as well have been bought out by Ford because, for all extents and purposes, they are no more. The cars begam to lose their enthusiast feel with the 2001 E46s and now we learn that the E46 will be the last attractive BMW.

I really have grown fond of the marque and do associate myself with it, but I just cannot bring myself to accept what's going on much less buy one of these things. Not unlike losing a friend, I feel I've lost something that has been important to me. And I feel that this is all taking place in a shameless pursuit of $$$, hence the anger.

Love live my E36.
You know, this sums up my feelings as well. However, for me it's even more irritating: I've been a BMW enthusiast since I got my first subscription to Car and Driver at age 10, but it's only recently that I've come into the means to actually buy them. I was looking forward to a long life full of the newest and slickest BMW design; it would only be a slight exaggeration to say that I went to law school so that I could become a BMW owner.

Now, after a mere taste of the Bavarian apple (in the form of 2 newish BMWs), all of that is being taken away. I honestly can't think of any other car built that's really worth the premium that BMW charges (why would I pay 40K for an Audi? Might as well buy a Jetta, IMHO). So now I've had to readjust my entire car buying future.

The WORST part of this is that it's not the first time it's happened. THE EXACT SAME THING happened with Porsche, except that I never got a chance to buy one of those new. :thumbdwn:

I now gaze, with a certain degree of unease, on a future filled with Volkswagens, Mazdas, and perhaps the occasional Volvo.

But no more BMWs. Sigh.

G

·
JST said:

You know, this sums up my feelings as well. However, for me it's even more irritating: I've been a BMW enthusiast since I got my first subscription to Car and Driver at age 10, but it's only recently that I've come into the means to actually buy them. I was looking forward to a long life full of the newest and slickest BMW design; it would only be a slight exaggeration to say that I went to law school so that I could become a BMW owner.

Now, after a mere taste of the Bavarian apple (in the form of 2 newish BMWs), all of that is being taken away. I honestly can't think of any other car built that's really worth the premium that BMW charges (why would I pay 40K for an Audi? Might as well buy a Jetta, IMHO). So now I've had to readjust my entire car buying future.

The WORST part of this is that it's not the first time it's happened. THE EXACT SAME THING happened with Porsche, except that I never got a chance to buy one of those new. :thumbdwn:

I now gaze, with a certain degree of unease, on a future filled with Volkswagens, Mazdas, and perhaps the occasional Volvo.

But no more BMWs. Sigh.
However, unlike you, because I was spoiled by my parents when I was younger, I got to experience many years of driving an E30. This established in my mind what a BMW should feel like and is why I could not bring myself to keep my 330i.

I may end up turning into one of those guys like you see in the Roundel who has his perfectly maintained 2002 or E30 that he tracks on weekends. Except mine will be my E36 M3/4.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.