BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ninja
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I too was out at the Chicago (Schaumburg) HQ taking pics today...
Awesome!!!

Pictures really don't do the car justice. Something about the silver exterior hides the multiple angles on the trunk so don't be fooled by odd-looking rear-forward shots.

The mini cooper and the Z4 up tight next to the 335i made it tough to get all the good shots, but I think I did OK.

I have quite a few more, but these are probably the best. Also, I had to shrink these to 1024px width to upload. If you want unshrunk images let me know.

Enjoy the pics.

JT2

PS If you live in the area you've got to stop by!!!
HQ is at Basswood Rd & Commerce Dr, Schaumburg, IL 60173

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Basswood+Rd+%26+Commerce+Dr,+Schaumburg,+IL+60173&ie=UTF8&ll=42.061083,-88.067265&spn=0.015517,0.049052&om=0

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice photos..

damn...silver exterior isn't looking too shabby at all

·
Registered
11 Posts
why didnt they put the side reflector thing in the headlights? but i guess it looks alright, its kinda different

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
grinder82 said:
Nice photos..

damn...silver exterior isn't looking too shabby at all
I've been getting tired of silver lately, but I have to say it looks sweet on that car. Love the way it looks in pic #2. Nice job. :thumbup:

·
Registered
930 Posts
mdsbuc said:
I've been getting tired of silver lately, but I have to say it looks sweet on that car. Love the way it looks in pic #2. Nice job. :thumbup:
I would have to agree.., it does look nice.
I'm trying to resist going to silver/grey again this time :dunno:

·
Registered
22 Posts
The side reflector does look silly. What where they thinking? Should we call them "Bangle Ears"?

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
Did somebody bring a ladder out for you for the last pic? Or did you put your camera on timer stuck it to the top of your dome and leaped as high as possible?:D

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
maybe he climbed on the roof of car parked in the next spot!! ;)

Are these the wheels that will be standard on SP/non-SP coupes? Any one got a pic of the wheels that would come with non-SP 335 coupe?

·
Ninja
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ladder?

No ladders, hydraulic lifts or special levitation techniques were used in the taking of these photos!
I'm about 6'1" and there was a small berm between the rows of parking spaces (see new picture #1)

I'm pretty sure these are the 189 wheels that come with the sports package.

JT2

Attachments

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
sambb said:
isnt that space gray???
Kinda' wish Space grey would look like that, eh?

Nope...that's TiAg. :thumbup:

·
Registered
533 Posts
great pics, when I was younger we lived in that area and my friends and I would drive to that office to look at the cars and the BMW motorcylces(ususally inside). I always remember where it is because it is just about directly on the other side of the highway (90) from Midevil Times (BTW we would tell visitors that the castle (Midevil times) was the national headquarters for White Castle, many naive people believed this until Midevil times beacame more popular)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Did those naive people also believe it was spelled "Midevil" instead of Medieval? Hahah

Back to the post. I love going by that BMW office as they always have new models ahead of the dealers. Patrick BMW, right by the office, always drives past there on their test drives.

·
Registered
533 Posts
pbm317 said:
Did those naive people also believe it was spelled "Midevil" instead of Medieval? Hahah
spelling was never my forte, (thank God for a secretary and spell check at work!)

·
Registered
930 Posts
jeftrz said:
No ladders, hydraulic lifts or special levitation techniques were used in the taking of these photos!
I'm about 6'1" and there was a small berm between the rows of parking spaces (see new picture #1)

I'm pretty sure these are the 189 wheels that come with the sports package.

JT2
LOL... What, ...no Inspetcor Gadget, go go gadget extension legs;)

·
Registered
588 Posts
BimmerHugsee said:
why didnt they put the side reflector thing in the headlights? but i guess it looks alright, its kinda different
At least the reflector can be changed to white relatively cheap. I hate the amber reflectors in the headlights like the E90. In order to get rid of the amber reflector on the E90, you must replace the entire headlight assembly. Not an inexpensive proposition!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.