Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yeah, pretty much. For a while, she stuck to residential real estate, sort of "Normal Rockwell capitalism." But, that was a big PIA.

She's doesn't care about status symbols, except maybe tree-hugger, hippie status symbols. She currently has a Smart and a Honda Element. Like Frau Putzer, she's mesmerized by the looks of a Range Rover, and I can see why. This old Range Rover ad pretty much sums it up:

https://youtu.be/Wu4AxKBJLoY

I wish BMW and kept the brand and just kept the stylists and fired everybody else, and built Range Rovers with BMW mechanical, electrical, and electronics parts.
We have a bunch of Land Cruiser collectors here. I always liked the classic look with a propane tank:

Many here had snorkels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZf2JgMujkQ

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The local Toyota dealership has a perfectly restored FJ40. I have a theory that one's automotive tastes are formed when one is a teenager. Growing up, a friend's older brother-in-law had an FJ40. He made the payments on it by plowing driveways and parking lots with it part-time. His full time job was screwing Chevy Vega's together in Ohio. Unlike the Jeep CJ's of that era, the roof, doors, and seats were just simply better... like a Land Rover, but the Japanese quality and reliability.

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I got another crazy offer from Citi for my Sears MasterCard today. This time it's 6.25% bonus rebates ($125) on $2k of spending between now and October 18th.

I'm already getting 20% bonus rebates on $1000/month in restaurant, grocery store, and gasoline purchases for July, August, and September, and 25% bonus rebate4s on $360/month in utility payments over $100 for August, September, and November. I doesn't say that my other "bonus spending" doesn't count toward the $2000 I need to spend to get $125. But, just to be on the safe side I'll hit the card for $2k in non-restaurant, non-grocery, non-gasoline, and non-utilities spending. My homeowner's insurance is due soon, and that **** is expensive in Floriduh. I'm paying $4k/year for a ~$300k house.

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts