Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried moving the iPod adapter cable from my 2008 Wagon into our new 2015 328i. No luck with this -- the iPod is not recognized. Is this because the iPod is too old? It is, in fact, very old. Or is it because I need a different cable? Seems like the cable should be the same.

Second question -- what do you all like to have showing in your split screen?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I haven't tried using my iPod. I can connect with my iPhone though through the center console with no problems. I also use BMW Connected app regularly when connected with USB cable through console.
On my split screen I keep the Nav on the right and then the left is whatever else I may be using (multimedia, news, satellite, etc.)

·
just copacetic!!!
1,640 Posts
I haven't tried using my iPod. I can connect with my iPhone though through the center console with no problems. I also use BMW Connected app regularly when connected with USB cable through console.
On my split screen I keep the Nav on the right and then the left is whatever else I may be using (multimedia, news, satellite, etc.)
Try just connecting the power cable only with the USB end. In our previous 2013 F30, I had to use the split Y cable to connect to both the USB and the audio plug in. With the new F36, only have to use the USB plug.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've got an iPod touch, it is pretty old (3rd generation?), and it will not work in my 2015 F36. As an alternative I just copied all my music onto a USB drive and use that. Of course that won't work if you have bought anything from iTunes with DRM...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I, personally, copied most of my music onto a USB and then uploaded it to the car. Close to 4,000 songs took about 30-40 minutes to upload as I recall.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I just spent a little over an hour on the phone with a "BMW Genius". He went over all of the features and functionality that the dealer should have told me about.

Yes, my iPod is too old. I can either get a new one, or use the USB option described above. Thanks for that.

I learned a ton of stuff on my car...just wish the dealer would have told me everything instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts