BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

More pics of the 1st F30 xDrive in Alaska

1959 12
I have the extreme pleasure of taking delivery of the very first F30 Xdrive in all Alaska. Someone else would have beat us by a few days as they ordered one as well and it got here first, it was a white M sport, but they decided not to take delivery and reorder so it is still sitting on the showroom floor.

Already drove it 120 miles south to Seward and Monday we will make the 500 mile trek back to Fairbanks. So far we are absolutely loving the car. It is a metallic grey no line with heated seats, parking sensors, moonroof, DHP, and ZLP. We also had them go ahead and do the "last user preference" bulletin. This is our first BMW and its so AWESOME.

I apologize in advance for the lack of pics. I can't figure out how to get my phone pics to upload. I will get some pics up once we get home Monday evening.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
awesome!!!!

2 questions. have you ever met the guys from deadliest catch, and you ever go digging for gold in alaska?
Made it home

Well in 4 days we put 884 miles on it. Just let me say it is an awesome car. We ran a lot of the time across the state (during the flat portions when you aren't crossing mountains) in eco pro and got 482 miles on the 1st tank (provided by the dealership) at 32mpg. Then for the last 50miles into Fairbanks, when you cross over the mountains, I put it into sport mode and was ripping through the uphill curves at 80mph. It was awesome, the car drives like it is on rails.

Attachments

No I have never met the "Deadliest Catch" guys, most of them are based out of Homer and Dutch Harbor, Ak. Homer is about 600 miles from my home, think Atlanta to Dallas. The one time I went to Homer I saw the "Northwestern" but none of the people. There are a lot closer places (about 300miles) that I usually go to for Halibut and open water fishing.

Actually, I have never dug for gold but I have panned for it. Probably found $5 worth, mostly only the mines around here make any money on that stuff.
awesome!!!!

2 questions. have you ever met the guys from deadliest catch, and you ever go digging for gold in alaska?
Would you mind taking a picture of your door sill? I have a base line on order and am curious what they do with the sill. Thank you!
Door sill pics

Would you mind taking a picture of your door sill? I have a base line on order and am curious what they do with the sill. Thank you!
No problem, here you go. More pictures with some of Alaska's gorgeous scenery will follow this weekend after I clean her up. Didn't want to stop on the drive home with it taking 12 hours (stops included) and us have fish in the coolers, so of course we were tired, not to mention she is covered in dirt and bugs from the long drive.

Attachments

Thanks for that and will look forward to more pics.
Congrats on your new Bimmer! I've spent a fair amount of time in Alaska from Point Barrow to Shemya; nice place - my only concern is that when you go outdoors, you enter the food chain and not as an apex predator.
Congrats! Welcome from the HumidSouth. :thumbup:
Thanks, I am originally from Georgia. I sure do miss that place sometimes, generally in the middle of winter.
Congrats! Welcome from the HumidSouth. :thumbup:
More Pics

Well the weather wasn't great today but we went out and got a few scenic pictures anyway. Hope you all enjoy:

Attachments

Love this photo! Glad you love the car... stay warm up there! :thumbup:
Great photos! Make me want to be there right now. In another month, here should be just fine. Enjoy the new ride! :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.