BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so, I was in a hurry at McDonalds trying to get my picts uploaded but have a few others to share of the my ed and the welt. What can I say but what a amazing facility. Makes me want to get a new BMW every year now. Few things I can say about my experience.

Take the factory tour well worth it. I was scared I wasn't able to get into the factory tour but I think they reserve some spots for people take delivery. I was able to get in no problem.

Give yourself some time for the welt. there is prenty to do and see. I would say 2 hours.

The lounge for the ed People is great. Internet is there plenty of eats and drinks.

I wouldn't do the briefing before you take delivery of your car. Kinda cheesey. The experience is kinda cool but the interactive is rather Juvenile. they have a similator to drive your car but it's test the anti-lock brakes, the traction control, and such everything you should already know before you buy the car they are trying to sell you on but you have already bought the car. Just my opinion though.

I was a litthe disappointed in the knowledge or lack of my advisor on Insurance and the fuctions of the car. They told me if I had questions I should call the insurance carrier. I asked simple questions like what is the deductable, what happens if I have a total loss?

When I took delivery I started asking questions about the i-drive, and the navigation, my advisor didn't know, and I really had to figure out on my own. She also tried to show my my confort access with putting the top back up and it didn't work. So, she said that it was how it was locked then tried it again and didn't work. I just took the care figured if there are problems I would deal with it when I get back home.

So after getting out of the welt and on the road can I say I love love love my car. I just wish I could get my miles under my belt. Not to say that I haven't played a little bit but trying to be good.

Today in Belguim at the Beach, been to Brugge or Bruges how every you spell it yesterday with many more places to go in the next two months. If anyone has any great drives to go on or stops i must go to let me know. Here is the somewhat schedule. Not the type of person to schedule to far in advance I case I don't like somplace or might want to spend more time somewhere else. IE Bruges like it a lot but two days was enough for me.
next stop Amsterdam for queens day.
Next stop

Hamburg
Berlin
Poland-not sure yet but warshaw is a little far east if anyone has any suggestions that would be great
Prague
Budepest
Solvenia-Not sure where here love croatia but can't really go do to licensing issues
Salzburg
Florence
Roma
Barcelona,
Lisban
and back to Munich

I think by then I will be broke at 90 euro every fill up. tired, and homesick.

Here are my Additional pictures if anyone wants others I will have plenty off all different areas. With or without my two other friends with me.

Hopefully that link works

http://www2.snapfish.com/shareethum...3252611/cobrandOid=1000131/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
I wouldn't do the briefing before you take delivery of your car. Kinda cheesey. The experience is kinda cool but the interactive is rather Juvenile.
Not sure it's really optional but I liked it.

I was a litthe disappointed in the knowledge or lack of my advisor on Insurance and the fuctions of the car. They told me if I had questions I should call the insurance carrier. I asked simple questions like what is the deductable, what happens if I have a total loss?
They should know this stuff.
Today in Belguim at the Beach, been to Brugge or Bruges how every you spell it yesterday with many more places to go in the next two months. I
or Brügge
Here are my Additional pictures if anyone wants others I will have plenty off all different areas. With or without my two other friends with me.

Hopefully that link works
It does - great photos

Makes me want to get a new BMW every year now.
Well some of us do do that

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Or their newly upgraded coffee...nahhh NOT in Belgium??

·
Thinking about ED #5
1,289 Posts
Can I ask an 'I'm jealous' question? What do you do for a living that you can take 3 months off? I want to switch careers anyway...

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Why not drop off in Madrid after Lisbon..

·
Registered
693 Posts
Congratulations! I am picking up a 650iC in July, and your pics got my mouth watering.

Regarding Poland, from what I have heard, Krakow is the city to visit; some people compare it to Prague before it got overrun with tourists.

Have a great trip.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
If anyone has any great drives to go on or stops i must go to let me know. Here is the somewhat schedule. Not the type of person to schedule to far in advance I case I don't like somplace or might want to spend more time somewhere else. ,,,

Berlin
Solvenia-Not sure where here love croatia but can't really go do to licensing issues
(1) While you are in or around Berlin, plan a side-trip to Potsdam. It has Prussian castles, nice neighborhoods, and a rather different atmosphere from either Berlin or Munich. You can drive or take the S-Bahn. (There are lots of guidebook write-ups, including an online NYTimes Travel Section piece from a few years ago.)

(2) We'll be going to Bled and Ljubljana this trip. Slovenia also has a small coastline that we visited a few years ago with nice parts (and parts that are over-run with tourists). The Julian Alps are supposed to be very pleasant, but we are skipping them only because we are visiting someone on the Italian side near Udine. Slovenia is now on the Euro, so I doubt it is the bargain it once was. But the prices do seem somewhat lower then other parts of Western Europe.

Thanks for all the pix, and have a great trip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts