BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
Nice. :thumb:
How well do those tiny fog lights (or are they driving lights) work?

·
paddle shifter
931 Posts
I like the new SP 325 wheels. Saw them for the first time yesterday. What kind of camera did you get?

·
paddle shifter
931 Posts
No wonder your pictures look so clear. How much did you spend?
Cool car by the way.:)

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$929 from eCost.com... but I bought it with my Amex Blue card and submitted a Best Value pricematch claim against another web site's price of $688... I should be getting a check for $241 from Amex in a couple of weeks.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Looks great Pete! :thumb:

I also like the house. Is that a FOUR car garage?! You lucky duck.

I judge every house by the size of the garage and the layout of the workshop. :D

--SONET

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Regarding the card pricematch policy (just read that), that is awesome! What is the timeframe that you have to submit the pricematch claim?

I have a Corporate card with AMEX, I wonder if the same policy applies?

--SONET

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SONET said:
Looks great Pete! :thumb:

I also like the house. Is that a FOUR car garage?! You lucky duck.

I judge every house by the size of the garage and the layout of the workshop. :D

--SONET
Unfortunately, it's an optical illusion... I live in a condo, and I have a 2 stall garage. The other garage is my neighbor's. It's a nice starter place though - comfortable, quiet, safe. What more can I ask for? :thumb:

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SONET said:
Regarding the card pricematch policy (just read that), that is awesome! What is the timeframe that you have to submit the pricematch claim?

--SONET
Call (800) 557-8317 and ask about your corporate card. They just might have the Best Value Program on that one too. I heard that they're discontinuing the BVP on Blue cards as of the end of April, so this will be the last time I get to use it on my card.

You can submit a BVP claim for up to 60 days after your purchase. It's a great way to buy from a reliable/more expensive retailer, and price match with a less known/less reliable retailer.

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SONET said:

--SONET
Also, if you sign up with ebates.com and go to the online store through one of their links you get an additional rebate. (1% for ecost.com, etc.).

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
Great looking car, Pete!

The Coolpix 5000 is a pretty shweet camera, too. My dad has the same one, although I don't think he's quite figured out how to use it yet. :)

Michael

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jgrgnt said:
Great looking car, Pete!

The Coolpix 5000 is a pretty shweet camera, too. My dad has the same one, although I don't think he's quite figured out how to use it yet. :)

Michael
Thanks Michael! :thumb:

Yeah, the Coolpix 5000 has quite a few bells and whistles, but you can leave it in "idiot" mode for the less technologically savvy user. :D

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Great car Pete! :thumb: That is a really sharp picture! Nice color too!

Does the coolpix take 800x600 shots? I just bought an Olympus C3040 Zoom and it takes amazing pictures. The only thing that frustrates me is that I can take resolutions of 640x480 then 1024x768 and so on. No 800x600 :mad:

I wish my credit card had that price matching thing. What a great program. Too bad they are ending it. :thumbdwn:

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ackster said:
Great car Pete! :thumb: That is a really sharp picture! Nice color too!
Thanks Ackster! What can I say... I LOVE Steel Blue. :thumb:

Does the coolpix take 800x600 shots? I just bought an Olympus C3040 Zoom and it takes amazing pictures. The only thing that frustrates me is that I can take resolutions of 640x480 then 1024x768 and so on. No 800x600 :mad:
Yeah, Olympus makes some really nice digital cameras too. Definitely a brand I considered when deciding which one to buy. In the end, Nikon won for a couple of reasons: I currently own 2 Nikon SLRs and the control layout is similar so there's a familiarity factor; I can use the same external Nikon Flash unit that I already have for my SLRs.

I just checked the specs and the CP5000 doesn't do 800x600 either. It does:
Image Size (pixels): 2560 x 1920 (Full); 1600 x 1200 (UXGA); 1280 x 960 (SXGA); 1024 x 768 (XGA); 640 x 480 (VGA); 2560 x 1700 (3:2)

[/B]
I wish my credit card had that price matching thing. What a great program. Too bad they are ending it. :thumbdwn: [/B]
Yeah, it's a nice feature to have. I've used it a few times in the past to pricematch purchases that I see advertised for lower prices at some "less-known/more-shady" online retailers that I wasn't quite sure I want to buy from. From what I read, Amex is still carrying the program forward, but only for cards that they charge an annual fee for. It was just costing Amex too much to run the program for the fee-free cards. My Blue card (fortunately, or unfortunately) doesn't have an annual fee. Oh well... You get what you pay for! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.