BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if any of you with more experience with BMWs than I have (which is most of you) have a opinion on what the future may hold for power increases in the 328. From what I understand the 328 is supposed to be quicker than the pre 06 330 (what I have) so it seems it would be at the very least adequate performance wise. It also seems that in the past BMWs have not had that big a difference in HP/TQ between the more expensive 3 series model and the less expensive one. If memory serves the difference has been approximately on the order of 40 in HP and TQ, now it is aprox. 70 and 100. It just seems like a large difference. Any guesses what may happen down the road?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the same question, being split between a 328i + options + cash left over from car budget vs. 335i + few options + stretching my wallet.

I'm coming from a 2005 Nissan Titan, so obviously either one will be a huge improvement as far as handling/acceleration are concerned, but the 200lb/ft of torque in the smaller one is a mild concern to me; I drive interstates a lot and am spoiled by the endless amounts of torque in my current ride (367) which lets me pass people going 60-80 very easily, though not exactly economical.

My concerns also extend to suffering in performance of the 328i when multiple passengers are involved. I've driven moderately peppy cars that absolutely chug when more than one passenger is riding along.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
There is no telling what BMW would do down the road. Personally I didnt expect the new engines to come out on the sedans so quickly after a redesign. However, in your situation I'd keep your 2005 or spring for the 335i if you c an. The $1500 increase for +15hp/tq over 2006 is a bit unreasonable, but there's more gained going from '06 330i---> '07 335i.

I can't wait to test drive a 328i and decide whether to curse BMW's unreasonable price increase or just to accept it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts