1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2 Accused Of Growing Marijuana
Skip directly to the full story.
Published: Jan 17, 2006

TAMPA - Police on Monday arrested two men suspected of running a marijuana growing operation out of two houses.

Bryan Erwin Pennington, 35, and Christopher Jones, 33, were arrested on suspicion of growing and storing more than 150 marijuana plants in a pair of houses on West Fig Street. The houses - at 1914 1/2 and 1917 1/2 W. Fig St. - were outfitted with irrigation, air conditioning, heat lamps and other equipment needed to grow marijuana, according to an arrest affidavit.

Pennington, of 2413 Bayshore Blvd., Unit 1702, and Jones, of 4301 N. Branch Ave., were held late Monday on two counts of manufacturing cannabis and other drug-related charges, including marijuana possession with intent to sell. They remained at the Orient Road Jail, with bail set at $13,000.

Anthony McCartney

Missing from this story is that these fools left the front door open and a thoughtful neighbor came to investigate and found the operation. Rule ! of "Grow Club" is close the door!!

·
Registered
27,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Better yet, the fact that these two operate a real estate investment co. and own a total of 29 properties in the TB area. Police found plants in a second house today and plan to serve search warrants on the rest. :bigpimp:

·
call me darkcloud
42,920 Posts
how much is your bail going to be?:D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
bryce mcgarvey said:
Better yet, the fact that these two operate a real estate investment co. and own a total of 29 properties in the TB area. Police found plants in a second house today and plan to serve search warrants on the rest. :bigpimp:

Better/ worse yet, they`ll possibly lose all the properties under the RICO act, including ones with no weed.

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
As stupid as that was on their part...what an :asshole: neighbor.

·
Bimmer back, Bimmer back
1,603 Posts
^^^

Yeah, isn't that illegal? Even if the door is open, isn't that still a pretty significant offense?

·
Save the Males!
1,368 Posts
They werent bothering anyone... well anyway, there is a similar story in Darwin Awards. A man had a sizeable plant growing in his backyard, and the disgrunteled neighbor decided to do something. So, he called the neighbor in question,"The is the local Police Department, and we are aware that you have been growing several Marijuana plants in your back yard. Because this is your first offence, we will not press charges as long as you bring the plant, along with all of its roots, intact to the police station, no questions asked." Well, the grower thought that this was the deal of the century, and went to the station, plant in hand, and was promptly arrested for possesition with intent to distribute. This was from memory, but the story remains the same.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
hawk2100n said:
They werent bothering anyone... well anyway, there is a similar story in Darwin Awards. A man had a sizeable plant growing in his backyard, and the disgrunteled neighbor decided to do something. So, he called the neighbor in question,"The is the local Police Department, and we are aware that you have been growing several Marijuana plants in your back yard. Because this is your first offence, we will not press charges as long as you bring the plant, along with all of its roots, intact to the police station, no questions asked." Well, the grower thought that this was the deal of the century, and went to the station, plant in hand, and was promptly arrested for possesition with intent to distribute. This was from memory, but the story remains the same.
:wow:

·
World Traveller Forever
1,653 Posts
Man ohhhh man..

LmtdSlip said:
I'm right there with you on this one.
God, alot of people were probably depending on that for their cancer, ailments, cerebral palsey, brain tumors, bad backs, etc, etc, etc.
Look at all of the states that are legalizing that plant that grows out of the Earth.
I have also read that you can use hemp oil in Mercedes Diesels for fuel. Heh heh,,, Could you imagine being in a traffic jam behind a big ol' 300 "D" , in LA on the 405 for a few miles. Officer.... I haven't had anything..........(cop).Sir , could you please step out of the car?......
AAAA ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!
325ic a beer

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :drink: :beerchug: :lmao: :hi: :bustingup :bustingup :smokin: :smokin:

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
325ic a beer said:
I'm right there with you on this one.
God, alot of people were probably depending on that for their cancer, ailments, cerebral palsey, brain tumors, bad backs, etc, etc, etc.
Look at all of the states that are legalizing that plant that grows out of the Earth.

Agreed. My neighbor has grow lights that I can see. It's none of my business if he grows the weed for himself (I suspect that given his look) or for profit.

Park a crappy car on my street for several days and I'll call the cops to get it towed. Wanna grow drugs in your house or backyard...go for it, just don't make this the pick up point.

·
Registered
27,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LmtdSlip said:
I'm sure you saw it but for everyone else. Their third house to be raided yesterday was the result of another neighbor who recognized the two guys on the news. You should hear the absurd things the neighbors are saying on the news, you'ld think these two were dealing in explosives as "dangerous" as the neighbors make it sound.:dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts