BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys buy your motor oil from? Whther its castrol, mobil on or amsoil. We shop for good prices elsewhere, where do you find your full synthetic for the cheapest?

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
I buy BMW OEM 5W-30 oil from the dealer. With my BMW CCA discount, the latest case I bought was $6.60 per quart, including tax.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I buy BMW OEM 5W-30 oil from the dealer. With my BMW CCA discount, the latest case I bought was $6.60 per quart, including tax.
I see CCA is the way to go and you seem to all get great prices on your oil. I was wondering if there was anyone out there that didn't have a CCA account and knew where the best deals on oil usually where

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't believe you even put that stuff in your car. Reading archived posts, I see BMW oil tends to hinder performance and has additives. Though the additives aren't exactly bad, they're designed for longer use (15,000), there is really no need when you're doing changes at 7,500

last time i checked 7x7 is 49 dollars. why pay 62 shipped from them?

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
I don't believe you even put that stuff in your car. Reading archived posts, I see BMW oil tends to hinder performance and has additives. Though the additives aren't exactly bad, they're designed for longer use (15,000), there is really no need when you're doing changes at 7,500
What?

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Did you check my link? It's OEM fluid. You can get an oil kit with 7 bottles and a filter shipped for $62
I think we've seen before that they have an error. The MRSP is listed as $53.58. :D

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Wal-Mart has better prices on Mobil 1 than AutoZone / PepBoys. If you are going with 5W30, you can get the 5 qt jug as they are cheaper than buying individual qts.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think we've seen before that they have an error. The MRSP is listed as $53.58. :D
If you look up the item through their "E46 Fanatics" page:
http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...atalogid=4462&siteid=214672&categoryID=103121

It explains:
PKE46OILCHANGE Each $52.58 $62.00
OEM BMW E46 3 Series Oil Change Kit (non-M3)
OEM BMW E46 3 Series Oil Change Kit includes 1 OEM BMW oil filter set that includes gaskets/washers, and 7 qts. of OEM BMW 5w30 synthetic oil. **Price includes UPS Ground Shipping!!! (US only) ***Not for M3's! (Picture does not show an E46 oil filter) (Yes, the total online price is above msrp as the shipping is already included on these heavy packages.)

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.