BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discussed already several times, but anyway... ;)

After having got a complete software reprogramming of my car (F20, 120d) to version 2.51, I recoded all my individual options using new E-Sys software 3.24.3 and PSdZData 52.1.
When going through the new CAFD files offline, I found a new option called

KOMBI / 3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration, 32 / BC_MOTORTEMP_ENABLE

and set it to "aktiv" / "Werte=01"

Anyway, I wasn't able to find anything new in the board computer or in the control display.

Does anyone of you know, if this setting is valid for F20 cars and if, maybe, there is some further setting to enable the temperature in the BC?

Thanks!
:)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yeah.:cry:

I've found two ways to get the coolant temp to show on my F30.

1. An OBD-II to wifi adapter and DashCommand on my iPhone.
2. Enter the secret menu on the cluster and one of the options shows the current coolant temperature. The downside is that it's not something you want to do while you are driving and the center cluster display won't show it's normal info with this screen up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today, I succeeded in having the motor temperature in the info display of the board computer of my F20! :D
I did the same thing that I already described in posting #1 of this thread and - It Worked!

Now, if hitting the button of my board computer, at a certain point, a small engine symbol appears on the left side and, beneath the line, a graphical color gradient from blue to red with a marker in it will be displayed instead of the mileage display.

Obviously, this function is only supported by the most recent software version of the car (which was installed yesterday).

·
Token Master
1,032 Posts
It only displays the blue/red bar, but I believe there is no movement, whatsoever. The white line stays in the middle all the time. Within the secret menu, all temps are displayed in numbers, so I think this is a firmware limitation. Any temps can be displayed but the firmware need to add support

·
Premium Member
44,657 Posts
Here is a picture:

Car Vehicle Gauge Measuring instrument Auto part

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And the same from my side:

Yes, TokenMaster, you are absolutely right, it really doesn't seem to work in F20.
The photo was taken when the engine was already warm, so I assumed it would work...well, unfortunately ...:cry:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Today I flashed ECE 7/2014 320xd (N47 engine) to psdzdata v57.1 and noticed that this gauge now has a white pointer:

It is possible that this works now but my DDE is not sending a correct CAN frame. Please test and report. I coded only KOMBI, didn't see anything obvious in FEM_BODY. Didn't check new trimmed functions yet though, or these "ComAdapterPdu_xxx" parameters.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi All,

Same thing on my F020, I have re-flashed the ECU with psdzdata 57.3 and the motor temps gauge is displayed but nothing changed...
Have you find any improvement ?
Is there any other ECU to align with v57.3 ? Any other parameters to setup ?

Thanks and regards,
Nico

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi!
Still usless gauge with 57.3 data
I think someone should compare ECUs and CAFDs from f45 2-series Active Tourer (where temperature gauge works) and any f20/f21/f22/f23 with same i-step. It could be different in FEM, KOMBI and DME/DDE (maybe).
It looks like something is missing in ECUs software. I don't think 6WA Instrument cluster is different in f2x and f45.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.