BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one on this board able to get the latest Verizon V710 phone with s/w 140 0R to work with the first generation BMW bluetooth ulf? I was able to pair the phone correctly, but it just cycles on and off :mad: . Will flashing the firmware as per instruction on X5world.com make it work? Thank you.

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
X5fan said:
Has any one on this board able to get the latest Verizon V710 phone with s/w 140 0R to work with the first generation BMW bluetooth ulf? I was able to pair the phone correctly, but it just cycles on and off :mad: . Will flashing the firmware as per instruction on X5world.com make it work? Thank you.
I could not get any V710 rev to work with any BMW ULF. Per BMW, the V710 is only listed as compatible with the combined Bluetooth + Assist module on newer builds.

I switched to a RAZR V3.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The original firmware (8700_01.30.8F) does work with this module, albeit, phonebook doesn't transfer. Has any one try to flash the phone with the latest firmware (8700_01.40.0R) back to the original firmware? If so, does the phone work? :eeps:

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
X5fan said:
The original firmware (8700_01.30.8F) does work with this module, albeit, phonebook doesn't transfer. Has any one try to flash the phone with the latest firmware (8700_01.40.0R) back to the original firmware? If so, does the phone work? :eeps:
When I tried my V710 (with the original firmware) with the 387 ULF in my car, it initially paired properly. I placed a test call to a friend which went through, and then asked him to call me back. His call to me went to voicemail for some reason (neither the car nor the phone rang) and ever since then, the V710 would go to a continuous connect / disconnect cycle with the car and I could never make another call, even after deleting the pairing from the car and re-pairing. Neither the 40.0R firmware or the unofficial SuperDave flash fixed the behavior. So, I'd suggest giving it an extended tryout before relying on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.