BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Looking for a project car
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever paint Motorsport stripes on the wall of a home office or garage? I want to do this in my office in my new house :) Any suggestions on the colors would be helpfull. I looked at Home Depot yesterday and was overwhelmed by the selection and slight differences in colors.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We did our garage in Gloss white with a "BMW logo blue" stripe running around just below chest height. (Sorry no pictures yet).

We figured the gloss white would be easier to keep clean and brighten up the space.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
Get something with the Motorsports colors on them, and take it to Home Depot. They can use their magic computer system and color match them.

Somewhere I have the exact Motorsports colors, but it must be at home, and I am in Brazil.

As for garage walls (sort of OT) I use Kinnser bathroom/kitchen paint in gloss white. This paint film forms after basic drying is avery water resistant, so you can actually wash the walls. Also mildew resistant to avoid problems if your garage is at all damp.

·
The 1st 'Fest attendee..
253 Posts
I painted my office goss white and then overlaid with blue to about 5 feet high from the floor. My wife and I shared office at home-we both agreed on this combo. The floor belong to my 13 months old son, we have a tracetrack carpet for his 1/18"-Z3. My next project to paint the garage with motorsport roundel in the center of the floor - whenever I come around to it.

I got my paint from Home Depot. If I can find the left over paint can, I will PM with the paint code.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
ClubSpec330i said:
I got my paint from Home Depot. If I can find the left over paint can, I will PM with the paint code.
How much did you pay for a gallon there? What kinda paint was it?

·
Rocket Scientist
1,455 Posts
Pantone

Pantone Process Blue
Pantone 268
Pantone Warm Red

Paint

Blue-Violet Glasurit/BMW 4000
Light-Blue Glasurit/BMW 5002
Red Glasurit/BMW 353

RGB

Blue 0 138 201
Purple 43 17 90
Red 241 26 34

BobC said:
Anyone ever paint Motorsport stripes on the wall of a home office or garage? I want to do this in my office in my new house :) Any suggestions on the colors would be helpfull. I looked at Home Depot yesterday and was overwhelmed by the selection and slight differences in colors.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
Those are the numbers I have at home. :)

Who needs a GALLON, you can paint the whole room with a gallon. You need a quart of each, and you will have plenty of paint left over.

·
ZHPper
2,126 Posts
I'm a "retired" printer and 5rakete is right on with the colors. When my ex was a CCA Regional VP we had "The Book" and those were the colors listed. If your paint store can't deal with a Pantone color number, go somewhere else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts