BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we like knowing who is bad and on rare occasions who is good. So I thought I would share a good experience with you.

Just before Thanksgiving week I stopped by MotorWerks in Barrington to test drive a 328d. I had been wanting a Diesel in this class for a long time and was annoyed at BMW for not bringing the 320d (US it is a 328d) to the market here in the US. I did not want a 335d when those were out, so I settled on the Jette TDI. And frankly, was pretty happy with it, but I still wanted a BMW.

But back to my story.

Stopped in an met a salesperson who was waiting at the door. His name Jack Ball and he was attentive and welcoming, as I would expect. I told him what I was looking for and sort of feared that the sales people at any BMW dealer would give me the 'why do you want that' or ' the 328i is just the same thing' speech. But Jack did not bat an eye and arranged for a 328d.

The test drive was unremarkable. I drive a Diesel in that class so I was mostly looking to ensure handling and how comfortable the car was. I was not disappointed. I should say that I stopped at MW because the dealer in Crystal Lake (Anderson) had ignored me on two contacts with them to arrange a test drive of the 328d, even though they had 1 on their lot. I know they had it because I stopped by when they were closed and saw it. But that was not a surprise to me. Anderson was one of the places where I had looked for my VW and they kept messing around for 5 months instead of ordering what I told them I wanted. I ended up buying that car elsewhere.

But back to my story as this is not a bash Anderson thread.

After the drive Jack popped open the truck and was very excited as I had won an autographed Mike Ditka jersey. I had no idea what was going on, I did not even know they were having this promotion, but it was nice. The dealer was all excited and took pictures for their FB page. In the pics I look a little stunned as my mind was elsewhere.

Here is where MW and Jack impressed me. I told them exactly what I wanted and asked if they had it on the lot. I had seen in their inventory the one I wanted, but that was a week earlier. They checked and no, it was gone. Bummer. I told them I would keep an eye out and to let me know when they found one. Jack did not even bat an eye. He went and looked right then, he found nothing local, but had looked at what was sitting in port and there it was!!! So he brought back the papers and we worked a deal. EASY PEASY! He ordered the vehicle to his location and it arrived a few days later. They prepped it and it was ready. I took delivery and he spent a good amount of time with me going over all the technology.

The follow ups were good. Two phone calls from Jack and one from sales manager looking to make sure everything was perfect and the one thing that wasn't (BMW Assist) was promptly taken care of. BTW the BMW Assist problem was that it was put in my SO's name, so I could not get it set up. So they made the change to the account and all was well.

I am happy with the car and I will be bringing my other BMW, the M-Roadster, there for service in the spring. Perhaps they can once and for all fix the airbag light that Anderson cannot seem to fix!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, we are gonna need pics and hear about the mileage and handling!

Motorwerks is great, but its a sad statement about BMW dealers when we get excited about getting the service we should be getting from all of them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good to hear and congrats.
A friend of mine just got a new 335 from a guy named Robert at MW. I was with him for the pickup and it was a good experience compared to other dealers I've been to (Patrick in Schaumburg). They even properly washed the black paint.... Not a swirl in sight!!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.