BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Mount Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia

985 10
I recently returned from Malaysia,

While there I hiked up this mountain with Pete Teoh. The view was amazing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Nice pic... I bet it was that excellent lens you borrowed. :eek: :D
What camera and lens? Any filters or p-shopping?
Oxygen is one of those things that we always need. :)

Highest paved road in the US is Mount Evans in CO - 14,130 ft. Take your bimmer for a cruise there if you're ever in CO during the summertime. :thumbup:
BMW4phillygirl said:
How high was the peak? I've never been higher than 12,000 feet. Did you need oxygen?
Yep. Mount Evans rocks. You'll get pretty dizzy when you get up there. For some reason, kids just aren't affected - they were all bouncing around like they were on a sugar high.

It used to be free, but there is a charge now :mad:
jw said:
Oxygen is one of those things that we always need. :)

Highest paved road in the US is Mount Evans in CO - 14,130 ft. Take your bimmer for a cruise there if you're ever in CO during the summertime. :thumbup:
Technical Info:

Nikon D2H
Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 DX lens (courtesy of alee)
NEF (Raw) Mode

Processed with Nikon Capture 4.2
Color Mode III
Small amount of D-Lighting to bring out shadows and highlights (this might qualify as a filter)

Other than that, it's exactly how it came out of the camera.
xspeedy said:
What camera and lens? Any filters or p-shopping?
The peak was 4095m, which is 13,435 feet.

We didn't have any supplemental oxygen, but it was sure hard to breath and climb that high up.

The hike was 8.7km from base camp to the summit, with an overnight stop at the 6km mark. It was pretty intense, certainly the most demanding hike I've ever done.

The view was even better in person!
BMW4phillygirl said:
Wow! That is phenomenal!!! How high was the peak? I've never been higher than 12,000 feet. Did you need oxygen? How long/far did you hike? Just curious. I love hiking new peaks. One of these days I want to do Kilimanjaro. One of these days... :)

That view is amazing!!!
A few more pictures...

Added a few more pictures from the mountain...

And finally, the proof... (looking very exhausted)

It really wasn't as cold as we expected it to be. I had my jacket unzipped the whole time. The gloves and hat were pretty essential though, and even with the gloves my fingers were a bit cold up there at the summit. Once we got down from the summit, we weren't quite as exposed and it really wasn't that cold at all.

PS: Huffing and puffing is quite the understatement! :yikes:
BMW4phillygirl said:
Your outfit doesn't look very warm..... weren't you freezing up there? Well, I guess when you're hiking and huffing and puffing, it is good to be dressed in layers. Cool photos! :thumbup:
Gorgeous, man, just gorgeous.

(I like your avatar, too.) ;)
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.