BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm doing an aftermarket install of an amp and sub in my 528iT and i have seen some of you guys in these forums mount your amps behind the CD stacker. My question is, I know you mounted your amps etc to a piece of wood, but how did you mount that piece to the wall?? And do you have any other recomendations of how to mount them??

I am also planning to hide my sub in the opposite wall, i'm probably going to have to build a custom box, any ideas??

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
I'd suggest the audio forum for starters. :)

·
in HIS hands :)
1,730 Posts
bren517,

if you can get my friend thatchi808 to post his setup, i think you'll get a lot from it. he has a blk 540it, and the rear aft mkt install is awesome! i'll see if i can nudge him into posting - as it has taken him 3 months just to do 1 post! :rofl:

jack

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
-hehe cool thanks, any help would be greatly appriciated! i'll give him a nudge, and see what he says.

-btw sorry for not posting in the audio section, but i was looking for a response from touring owners....

-and for some updates, i have decided to mount the amp ontop of my spare wheel, i made a false floor today, and i started the wiring. I plan to tap into the rear speakers, and power my sub, and rear speakers from my amp.

another question, next to the cd stacker in the boot, i am trying to locate the rear speaker wires, i do not have DSP or a stock amp. I had a look at my speakers and i found that they have yellow/grey and yellow/purple wires comming from them.
I'm just hoping there is an easily place to tap into the wires such as near the cd changer..

any help would be greatly appriciated!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, well today i have finally finished the majority of my install, it all works fine now, except that the remote start... i tapped my remote start into a wire that turns it all on in "Key Position 2", but i can't find one for "Key Position 1" that will turn of the amp when the car is off..

My question is, which wire should i tap into for the remote start?? (turning the amp on when i turn the car on)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.