Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys

I have dilemma about this decision.

Currently, I have 2014 991.1 4s for my weekend car. I drive about 3000 miles per year.

I am thinking about replacing with M4 but I am worried that I may regret.

I am seeking for you guys opinion. What would you do if you were in my shoes

please give me some advise!!!

thanks!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello guys

I have dilemma about this decision.

Currently, I have 2014 991.1 4s for my weekend car. I drive about 3000 miles per year.

I am thinking about replacing with M4 but I am worried that I may regret.

I am seeking for you guys opinion. What would you do if you were in my shoes

please give me some advise!!!

thanks!!:thumbup:
I love the M4 esp convertible
take a testdrive in the M4 and decide for yourself and erase the regrets
theyre both great cars which will never be pushed the way theyre built for in 3000mi/yr

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have both, though my M4 is in storage for the winter. I think they are very different cars and hard to compare. I use the 991 C4S as a winter fun car (also have a S Class RR autobiography, AMG GLE & Jeep Grand Cherokee) since all my other winter cars are not that exciting. I have two sets of wheels and tires for 991C4S (one set has Michelin Alpin winter tires which are on now) and it sticks to the road even when it is freezing cold out. Something the M4 would not be able to do as well. My 991 is a PDK (I also have a gearshift one of a kind 997S in storage) and my M4 is PDK, the M4 is stock the 991 has a Cobb tune/w PDK tune and a sprint booster, I also pulled the steering wheel and used a steering wheel (and airbag) from a different Porsche model. I am an older guy, who did quite a bit of racing when I was younger (was considered good enough back then to be approached about going pro), and though old age and arthritis have robbed me of most of my skills, I am still not bad, and depending on your skill level the Porsche will be easier to drive hard. I have a suggestion, people tend to change out cars (I should know I am hunting for a NSX right now car # 465 that I can remember)because they get bored, so take your 991 to an empty parking lot take of the traction controls and learn to handle the car without them, let the car slide and learn to bring the rear back in. I almost never drive with the nannies on (when I learn to handle a car they did not exist) and it might help you appreciate what you have. I like both cars, but for different reasons. Good luck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have both, though my M4 is in storage for the winter. I think they are very different cars and hard to compare. I use the 991 C4S as a winter fun car (also have a S Class RR autobiography, AMG GLE & Jeep Grand Cherokee) since all my other winter cars are not that exciting. I have two sets of wheels and tires for 991C4S (one set has Michelin Alpin winter tires which are on now) and it sticks to the road even when it is freezing cold out. Something the M4 would not be able to do as well. My 991 is a PDK (I also have a gearshift one of a kind 997S in storage) and my M4 is PDK, the M4 is stock the 991 has a Cobb tune/w PDK tune and a sprint booster, I also pulled the steering wheel and used a steering wheel (and airbag) from a different Porsche model. I am an older guy, who did quite a bit of racing when I was younger (was considered good enough back then to be approached about going pro), and though old age and arthritis have robbed me of most of my skills, I am still not bad, and depending on your skill level the Porsche will be easier to drive hard. I have a suggestion, people tend to change out cars (I should know I am hunting for a NSX right now car # 465 that I can remember)because they get bored, so take your 991 to an empty parking lot take of the traction controls and learn to handle the car without them, let the car slide and learn to bring the rear back in. I almost never drive with the nannies on (when I learn to handle a car they did not exist) and it might help you appreciate what you have. I like both cars, but for different reasons. Good luck.
What he said ^^ :thumbup:

p.s. I'm jelly of your cars :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts