BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am installing a carputer in a 92 525i and want to install a 7 inch touch screen where the current radio is. In order to do this, I want to move the climate controls down under the ashtray to give me enough room for a double din. Apparently, per other posts, this has been done before, but I can't find any useful information about who has done it and how they did it. Does anyone know of anyone who has moved the climate controls?

Tim

·
Registered
445 Posts
5mall5nail5 over at www.bimmerforums.com has a trick dash set up. I believe he uses his for turbo/megasquirt purposes, but the idea remains the same......

Go search his user name....it's an Island Green 525i with Mickey Thompsons.....hard to miss.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eliminated

Looks to me like he just eliminated the controls. I'm not willing to do that. I guess I will just need to tear into it and see what I can do. Will probably have to extent the cables with bicycle brake cables to get the additional length needed.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The actual sliders are inside the dash. He just set them all at full. I don't know about you, but I never touch my sliders anyways. I just shut the fan off. Other than getting rid of something, you are going to have a hard time though. Kinda like putting 2 quarts of jelly in and 1 quart jar. It just ain't gonna fit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts