BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the MPPK and MPE alone change your classification from stock in either SCCA or BMWCCA AutoX?

·
Registered
678 Posts
I don't know what those acronyms mean, but the only mods allowed for SCCA Street class are shocks, one sway bar, wheels that are the same width but +/- 1" in diameter and +/- 7 mm in total offset (including spacers), tires at least 200 tread wear, brake pads, brake lines, air filter, and cat-back exhaust. If it isn't on that list, and it's at all performance related, it isn't allowed. That being said, if you're just doing regional events small exceptions are usually made.

To class for Boston BMWCCA events (based on the location from your post), go to the autocross pages, find the base points for your car, download and fill out an IMF, and the total points will tell you what class you're in. If you have any questions, email the Autocross registrar. Hopefully I'll see you at the 8/6 event.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what those acronyms mean, but the only mods allowed for SCCA Street class are shocks, one sway bar, wheels that are the same width but +/- 1" in diameter and +/- 7 mm in total offset (including spacers), tires at least 200 tread wear, brake pads, brake lines, air filter, and cat-back exhaust. If it isn't on that list, and it's at all performance related, it isn't allowed. That being said, if you're just doing regional events small exceptions are usually made.

To class for Boston BMWCCA events (based on the location from your post), go to the autocross pages, find the base points for your car, download and fill out an IMF, and the total points will tell you what class you're in. If you have any questions, email the Autocross registrar. Hopefully I'll see you at the 8/6 event.
MPPK and MPE are BMW M-Performance parts. The question is whether they count as a mod or an option, since they're an official BMW part and you can get them as a port-installed accessory.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
MPPK and MPE are BMW M-Performance parts. The question is whether they count as a mod or an option, since they're an official BMW part and you can get them as a port-installed accessory.
I thought this changed recently. I seem to remember seeing that you have to have it done at the dealer now.

·
Registered
678 Posts
For SCCA some port installed parts are legal for Street. The only ones I know of are the TRD suspension parts for the FR-S, and the JCW suspension parts for R56 MINIs. I don't know of any exceptions for BMWs. For the Boston BMWCCA autocrosses, my initial guess would be that you would add points based on the IMF for M-Performance parts, since the base points don't include any of the M-Performance parts.

In both cases, the registrars for the series should be able to answer your questions.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought this changed recently. I seem to remember seeing that you have to have it done at the dealer now.
Nope, you can still PIA them. Most people had them installed at dealer because the B58 came out for a while before the MPPSK was authorized for sale in the US.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts