BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Good evening, I am the owner of BMW X3 3.0d X-drive 2009 model. Last year around May month 2018 the vehicle started shaking and subsequently lost power. I took to the mechanics and they said I must change the front suspension and I did. still the car did the same later they used the computer to diagnose it and found that the Transfer case is faulty. We changed it with the secondhand one that does not have any guarantee and it was ok from then. In December 2018 it started again and I took it to the other mechanic because I was far from the first mechanic. They checked the transfer case and found it to be worn-out and they then replace it with the reconditioned one and it was ok but for for the period of a week and the engine light and the 4X4 light started lighting again and the vehicle started shaking again. I took it back and they checked it again and said the transfer case is ok but the problem lies with the "STEERING ANGLE SENSOR" INTERNAL.

Please assist me because I am now confused, I keep on paying but cant get my car right.

:cry::cry:

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,579 Posts
None of your mechanics warrant their work? They take your money and are now down at the pub drinking to your health - with clean hands.

·
Registered
111 Posts
From the sounds of things it might be the actuator gear that needs replacing. It is a $10 part on amazon/ebay and the work you could do yourself with some basic tools.

I'm with Doug, the minute I read they changed your front suspension because the car was losing power I knew something didn't sound right...and then they hooked it up to the computer AFTER you went back. No good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts