BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by my dealer that there is a $4900 cap in MSD's for a 3 series, and that the MSD amount is calculated on my payment based on gross money factor, before any applicable OLP reducers. So theoretically, this would mean making less than 7 MSD's if the $4900 cap were reached by say, 5 or 6 deposits.

Can anyone verify?

Thanks!

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
I was told by my dealer that there is a $4900 cap in MSD's for a 3 series, and that the MSD amount is calculated on my payment based on gross money factor, before any applicable OLP reducers. So theoretically, this would mean making less than 7 MSD's if the $4900 cap were reached by say, 5 or 6 deposits.

Can anyone verify?

Thanks!
Dollar "cap" sounds like nonsense to me. The only "cap" is that you can do 7 MSD for a rate reduction, above and beyond the 1 SD if you are a first-time BMW leasee.

Also, the security deposit amount is calculated taking the final payment (with sales taxes) after applying the MSD rate reduction and any other OLP reductions.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,168 Posts
Dollar "cap" sounds like nonsense to me. The only "cap" is that you can do 7 MSD for a rate reduction, above and beyond the 1 SD if you are a first-time BMW leasee.

Also, the security deposit amount is calculated taking the final payment (with sales taxes) after applying the MSD rate reduction and any other OLP reductions.
there is also the MF floor that limits how many SDs you can put down.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

He didn't specifically use the word 'cap,' but that is essentially what it is...maximum, ceiling, whatever.

I've never heard of this. I have an email in to BMWFS to see if they will verify or deny.

·
Mace
817 Posts
He didn't specifically use the word 'cap,' but that is essentially what it is...maximum, ceiling, whatever.

I've never heard of this. I have an email in to BMWFS to see if they will verify or deny.
Sarafil is right. There is no monitary cap on the size of the MSD. The only restriction is taht the resulting MF can not be below a certain number. In other words you can't drive it to zero. I think the lowest MF is .0005 but I'm not positive.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Are you sure you or your CA is not mistaking this for the dealership credit card charge limit?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you sure you or your CA is not mistaking this for the dealership credit card charge limit?
Probably not, credit cards were never mentioned in that conversation. I'm not sure how BMWFS treats existing MSD's, but I already have 7 MSD's on my current lease. So if that can be transferred from my current lease to my new one, maybe an additional credit charge is not even necessary.

I feel like I'm being led down the proverbial garden path.

·
Who, me?
2,733 Posts
Probably not, credit cards were never mentioned in that conversation. I'm not sure how BMWFS treats existing MSD's, but I already have 7 MSD's on my current lease. So if that can be transferred from my current lease to my new one, maybe an additional credit charge is not even necessary.

I feel like I'm being led down the proverbial garden path.
7 X .00007 = .00049

I'm guessing that he is confusing that with a $4900 limit on SDs.... Also guessing that he just plugs the numbers in, and takes whatever he gets from the computer..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts