BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
TTSam
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am awaiting arrival of a new MT 3 series 328 touring to replace my Auto X3.

I find I have trouble even with my current X3 Auto, wearing different shoes and experiencing pedal interference.

No way I can wear winter boots, or other similar size footwear (construction boots etc.) without clipping the brake pedal when pressing the gas. It's not that bad, but I have to be aware of the shoes I am wearing. No problem with my MT 911.

Pretty much limited to running shoe/dress shoe type size in my X3.

When I test drove a manual before my order - I found the spacing even tighter (although it probably would be an advantage for heel and toe).

I guess I could always get tight fitting racing slippers. Anyone have the same problem? Anyone replaced the pedals with third party. If you wear racing shoes - which kind are good?

My foot size is 9 - not exactly Shaquille O'Neal!

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
I find my 540i pedals are very close, too. Much closer than other cars I have had/driven. It makes heel toe's a bit more difficult.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
There is a company called Piloti that makes racing shoes. I borrowed them from a friend that last time I tracked the car just to see what they would be like. They were pretty cool I have to say. They have flat areas around the heel to make the heel toe easier and are very comfortable to boot.

·
TTSam
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
end to track as well

There is a company called Piloti that makes racing shoes. I borrowed them from a friend that last time I tracked the car just to see what they would be like. They were pretty cool I have to say. They have flat areas around the heel to make the heel toe easier and are very comfortable to boot.
Go Fort Benning.........

I will try the Piloti shoes - thanks for the info.

I can see myself driving in a suit with the Piloti's, and forgetting to change shoes before a client meeting.

·
Super Moderator
8,066 Posts
I haven't noticed this issue. I wear a size 10EEE so my foot is pretty wide. I don't experience interference, even when wearing boots.

Thanks, Mike.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Just go buy some Pumas. They don't even have to be racing spec or anything. Puma shoes are generally narrow and fit those with narrow feet fairly well. They're also narrow enough to negate any close pedal spacing issues.

·
Registered
214 Posts
+1 on the Pumas. I've got two pairs of Speedcats and I have long, wide feet and can still comfortably wear them. With the flat bottom and the heel that wraps up, I find they're pretty good for heel-toeing.

·
Better with Butter
2,526 Posts
Funny, I never had problems with heel-toe work, even wearing timberlands.
Not the boots, but shoes. I'm not sure I could manage with boots...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I test drove a manual 328i and a manual 335i and didn't notice a problem and I wear an 11C. Although, when I looked down to the floorboard the pedals did look pretty close. I drove one wearing black dress shoes, and on the other more casual/dress shoes. I'd imagine its a bit different with larger workboots.

·
Registered
736 Posts
The pedal spacing between the e46 and e92 was one of the first things I noticed.(Both MT) I found it noticeably tighter on the e92. It didn't take too long to adjust, however.:thumbup:

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I think the SpeedCats are good. No reason to spend so much just to get BMW shoes. ;-)
I'm partial towards the Future Cats..........but this thread isn't about the latest fashion trend.

·
TTSam
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The pedal spacing between the e46 and e92 was one of the first things I noticed.(Both MT) I found it noticeably tighter on the e92. It didn't take too long to adjust, however.:thumbup:
I think you are correct....it will just take a bit of adjustment time.

·
TTSam
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think the SpeedCats are good. No reason to spend so much just to get BMW shoes. ;-)
A pair of Ferrari red speedcats with a black suit would also look good in meetings!

·
<-NIKi
1,875 Posts
Ha, I'm not even 19 for another four hours. I don't have to worry about wearing a suit or going to meeting. I just spend every dollar I earn on my car and car related stuff..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts