BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done the searches and read alot of the posts. I am finially going to go through the process of installing new Angle Eyes (I have a 07 so bumper has to come off).

My main question is the difference between MTEC 2's and MTEC 3's. I have seen alot of the pictures and the 3's seem almost too bright. I know that it is hard to get a true feeling of them just via pictures but am leaning towards the 2's. Are the 3's alot brighter in person/ too bright? Can you still get 2's or is just better to get the 3's?

I am not that crazy on getting them from places like ebay. I would rather spend the money and get them from someone like e92-lighting.com. Have heard horror stories about getting them from Ebay and don't want to have to remove the bumper before I would have to.

Thanks....

· Registered
143 Posts
I have done the searches and read alot of the posts. I am finially going to go through the process of installing new Angle Eyes (I have a 07 so bumper has to come off).

My main question is the difference between MTEC 2's and MTEC 3's. I have seen alot of the pictures and the 3's seem almost too bright. I know that it is hard to get a true feeling of them just via pictures but am leaning towards the 2's. Are the 3's alot brighter in person/ too bright? Can you still get 2's or is just better to get the 3's?

I am not that crazy on getting them from places like ebay. I would rather spend the money and get them from someone like e92-lighting.com. Have heard horror stories about getting them from Ebay and don't want to have to remove the bumper before I would have to.

Thanks....
I too was struggling between getting the mtec v2.1 vs. the 3.0. I ended up going with v2.1 and am extremely happy. My concern was that v3.0 looked too bright and would bleed into the HID.

· Major
2,406 Posts
I want to update mine to mtec 3s i have 2.1 right now and wish they were a bit brighter. Its all bout how they look in the day time. 2.1 blend in with HIDs but second ring where the halogen bulb is looks not as bright when u turn ur hids. I say go with 3s.
Plus there is absolutely nothing wrong with ebay. I dont know why u ppl freak out bout ebay. I buy a lot of lights from ebay never had a problem. Just find top seller and ur good to go. I also bought stuff from average sellers and never had a problem.

· Registered
1,036 Posts
I have v3 and they're bright but I would still want them brighter. That being said I imagine the 2's would suck for me. I just wish I could somehow swap in some of the new ones the Bimmer's come with, those are sick! Super bright.

Sent from my HTC One X using Bimmer App

· Registered
143 Posts
I want to update mine to mtec 3s i have 2.1 right now and wish they were a bit brighter. Its all bout how they look in the day time. 2.1 blend in with HIDs but second ring where the halogen bulb is looks not as bright when u turn ur hids. I say go with 3s.
Plus there is absolutely nothing wrong with ebay. I dont know why u ppl freak out bout ebay. I buy a lot of lights from ebay never had a problem. Just find top seller and ur good to go. I also bought stuff from average sellers and never had a problem.
I agree with CCCP about eBay. I bought my v2.1 from mtecpower new and on sale for $103.20. The 3.0 version were $179. That was a factor for me. Mine can be seen good in the daytime, but nothing like the new angel eyes you see in newer BMW's. I guess you will have to ultimately decide for yourself.

· Registered
12,829 Posts
get them from e92, I have the 2.0's from him and the 3.0's. The 3.0's dont bleed but its tuff to get a good pic of them. Nothing wrong with the 2.0's as I have them on my x5, the 3's are a hair brighter though.

· Major
2,406 Posts
1 bad, good that u have both. Well u have ur x5 so it was worth it right. But if u didnt have x5 would you spend on mtec 3s just to update is it worth it? I saw pictures but as u stated its hard to take a good pic of them that pretty much means u cant really judge by the pictures. So whats ur thought on this. Should i update or should i not.

Guys u can buy led rings from umniza for our cars but ull need to take ur headlight apart which involves a bit of work and if ur not handy enough u can easily fack ur headlights up. Search DIY section on restoring headlights if ur interested. Those angels look siiiiiiiick tho.

· Registered
12,829 Posts
Its worth it to me, but another reason I did it was the driver inner ring wasnt as bright as the passenger inner ring. I didnt want to remove the bumper and still have the same problem so i had new lights in hand. It turns out the light wasnt seated 100% straight. But I installed the 3's while I had it apart and swapped the 2's into my x5. So kinda worth it on both parts for me.

· Registered
12,829 Posts
No prob. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.