BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so its been about 2.5 years and the bulbs are dying (one completely dead and the other's dull to the point its barely visible). I'm having the hardest time having e92-lighting respond to see if I can just purchase the bulbs alone ... left 4 emails, tried calling them, used their live chat module, nothing. Tried going to mtec directly but none of their emails work - Ive had bad customer experience - but this is on another level.

the drivers are fine, im hoping to just get the bulbs and i dont want to pay full pop. Any advice on what i should do?

·
Registered
338 Posts
My advice is go with a different bulb. I had MTEC's and they took a crap after about 2 years also.
MTEC was no help to me either.
I bought some bulbs off Amazon and they work as good or better. Best part is they were only like $20!!
I'll post up a link when I find it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have coded the DRL's to LED's so I don't get any error codes.
You can also code the other lamps in your car to LED's so you don't get errors. I.e. Backup lamps, cornering lights, etc.

·
Super Moderator
1,072 Posts
What's the code change required for that?

·
Registered
338 Posts
You have to code Kalt and Warm values (bulb checks) to activ which turns them off. Then code bulb type to LED.
Here's a list of all the bulbs. I'm not sure which bulb is which, I don't remember.
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1476310396.059848.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,072 Posts
Thanks, will take a look!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
hey guys, so its been about 2.5 years and the bulbs are dying (one completely dead and the other's dull to the point its barely visible). I'm having the hardest time having e92-lighting respond to see if I can just purchase the bulbs alone ... left 4 emails, tried calling them, used their live chat module, nothing. Tried going to mtec directly but none of their emails work - Ive had bad customer experience - but this is on another level.

the drivers are fine, im hoping to just get the bulbs and i dont want to pay full pop. Any advice on what i should do?
Buy some new ones off ebay and put the old ones in the box after a week of use. Screw companies who don't offer good customer service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts