BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MUNICH, July 22 (Reuters) - Germany's Muencher Abendzeitung reported that up to 15 people were killed in a shooting in a shopping mall in the southern city of Munich.
TV images showed dozens of emergency vehicles outside the mall.
The shopping center is next to the Munich Olympic stadium, where the Palestinian militant group Black September took 11 Israeli athletes hostage and eventually killed them during the 1972 Olympic Games.
Friday's attack took place a week after a 17-year-old asylum-seeker wounded passengers on a German train in an axe rampage claimed by Islamic State. Bavarian police shot dead the teenager after he wounded four people from Hong Kong on the train and injured a local resident while fleeing.
German Justice Minister Heiko Maas told Bild newspaper's Friday edition that there was "no reason to panic but it's clear that Germany remains a possible target".
The incidents in Germany follow an attack in Nice, France, on Bastille Day in which a Tunisian drove a truck into crowds, killing 84. Islamic State also claimed responsibility for that attack. (Reporting by Andrea Shalal, Editing by Robin Pomeroy and Angus MacSwan)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Given its proximity to the Welt, I'd imagine many EDers have been to that mall. I had lunch there last summer. Prayers for the victims of this. Stay safe, current ED folks.

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,083 Posts
:(

·
Aviator
2,936 Posts
Given its proximity to the Welt, I'd imagine many EDers have been to that mall. I had lunch there last summer. Prayers for the victims of this. Stay safe, current ED folks.
Yes, very troubling. I walked from the Welt to the Apple Store in the mall in February; it's a 15 minute stroll.

Be safe.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
What the hell is going on in this world?!?! Every where! This is just sickening. When will it stop?!?
I try to stay positive and optimistic, but when it seems like it is every other day, it becomes overwhelming. Stay safe everyone!

·
Registered
829 Posts
So sad. Haven't been on the boards in awhile, but immediately thought of any EDers that might be over there right now. Thoughts and prayers for everyone there, just terrible.

I saw some other reports that Marienplatz/City Center may be involved as well.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,690 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Ugh when will it stop? All this pointless violence for what? Hope current EDers are all safe. One member was in Nice recently during the attack last week.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It is a sad world that we live in today. Two days ago I was in an active shooter training class at work taught my a police officer. Who would of known that they give these kinds of trainings today?? Crazy. USA has the most reported cases of active shooters than any other country. These active shooting incidents are climbing at an alarming rate also.

The world has changed and I hope peace gets restored again.

·
Go Dawgs!
1,072 Posts
Et tu, München? :cry: :mad: :dunno:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I actually went to the very same Mcdonald's for breakfast when we did ED in 2013.
Prayer goes to the victims and their families.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
We have our own report from our correspondent and European Editor in Munich in the story.

Munich Shooting Leaves at Least 3 Dead at Olympia Shopping Center
Shooting Spree at Munich Mall Leaves 8 Dead in Suspected Terror Attack

U.S. officials in Germany: Stay off streets
Americans in Munich who need help are being told to stay where they are and call the Consulate instead of going there. "Call +49-89-2888-0 for emergency help," officials said.

US Consulate Munich:
Königinstraße 5
80539 München
Federal Republic of Germany
Tel.: +49-89-2888-0
Fax: +49-89-280-9998
web site - https://de.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/munich/
twetter - https://twitter.com/usconsmunich

·
Registered
171 Posts
Supposed to be there in 3 weeks with my mother and aunt. We are very, very concerned

·
Registered
410 Posts
This was very close to the Welt. RIP to the victims. ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1469233293.490843.jpg

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
What the hell is going on in this world?!?! Every where! This is just sickening. When will it stop?!?
Ugh when will it stop?
My personal opinion is that it will stop when someone decides to use magic. I heard that there is this spell Wizards use that can turn sand into the glass. It seems like there are no Wizards left with enough courage to use this spell anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts