BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Multiple Security Deposits: GRANDFATHERED IN, or NOT ?

I'm in Southeast FL and I have $3500 (7, the maximum # of security deposits) from my 36 month 2015 lease, that I want to roll over into a new lease in August '18.

1) Am I in a geographic area that ALLOWS GRANDFATHERED IN MSDs?
(Southeast Florida)

2) and IF allowed, will my $3500 security deposit lower my payment by the SAME FACTOR as it did in 2015 (.00007) ?
Or is it reduced to .00005 ?

Thank you so much for your time.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Multiple Security Deposits: GRANDFATHERED IN, or NOT ?

I'm in Southeast FL and I have $3500 (7, the maximum # of security deposits) from my 36 month 2015 lease, that I want to roll over into a new lease in August '18.

1) Am I in a geographic area that ALLOWS GRANDFATHERED IN MSDs?
(Southeast Florida)

2) and IF allowed, will my $3500 security deposit lower my payment by the SAME FACTOR as it did in 2015 (.00007) ?
Or is it reduced to .00005 ?

Thank you so much for your time.
1. Have no idea. Your local dealers will know if they are in that area for grandfathered in MSDs or not. There is no reason for them to lie about them to you.

2. The MSDs if grandfathered in are reduced to .00005 as you suspected, from everything I have read here. That means instead of a maximum .00049 discount off of the money factor, it would be a .00035.

·
Registered
2021 X5M
1,733 Posts
Call 1-877-269-3577 as attached. The northeast was a test market last I heard, order from a NE center to roll over your MSD's as your grandfathered in. IMG_3865.JPG

·
BMWCCA '505245
1,354 Posts

·
I run gentoo. You?
597 Posts
I was told last week I was not grandfathered for MSDs in Maryland. I assume that was in the test market as when I asked in January I was still eligible.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,933 Posts
I was told last week I was not grandfathered for MSDs in Maryland. I assume that was in the test market as when I asked in January I was still eligible.
The other explanation, of course, is that whomever you spoke to-on one of those 'asks'- was talking out of their ask.

:angel:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The NE test market, last time I read something about it, was only supposed to go until a certain time. if I recall correctly, sometime in January that pilot was supposed to end. Not sure what happens after -- if nothing, maybe it wasn't worth it to BMW to continue it.

·
BMWCCA '505245
1,354 Posts
If you had an existing lease with MSDs you could roll those over into your new lease. If you did not have an existing lease with MSDs you were not eligible to enter into one with MSDs.
Yes I have existing lease with MSDs 3/16 was curious as i have 12 month left in my lease

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My EXISTING MSD's (multiple security deposits) are GRANDFATHERED in !

I just called BMW FS and the representative "Sarah Wagner" from the "lease end" department just confirmed that IF I have an EXISTING MSD that I MAY roll it over into a NEW LEASE w/ BMW.
Just FYI: I am in S FL, but have no idea if it is a "REGIONAL", or a national allowance. Also, I have the maximum ($3500) allowed MSD, and I did not ask her if I can alter that amount, since I want to roll the whole amount over, anyway.

·
BMWCCA '505245
1,354 Posts
I just called BMW FS and the representative "Sarah Wagner" from the "lease end" department just confirmed that IF I have an EXISTING MSD that I MAY roll it over into a NEW LEASE w/ BMW.
Just FYI: I am in S FL, but have no idea if it is a "REGIONAL", or a national allowance. Also, I have the maximum ($3500) allowed MSD, and I did not ask her if I can alter that amount, since I want to roll the whole amount over, anyway.
That is good then

·
Registered
148 Posts
Am I correct in assuming that I can roll over the MSD's from my current BMW lease to a new MINI lease? I know the disposition fee is waived. Thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
I had $3150 tied up in my 2015. When I leased my new car I was able to bump it up to $4100.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
FYI...BMW has brought back MSDs for all (not just grandfathered) in the Northeast, Florida and Hawaii. Program through 7/31. 7 MSDs max. .00005 reduction per MSD, for a max reduction of .00035

1 - 16 of 16 Posts