BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -

I got into my 2007 328xi this AM and I got a red triangle warning sign with the exclamation point in the middle. When I went to check to see the service issue it displayed a picture of the front of the car with what looked to be 2 intertwined S's in it. I could not
Find that display in my manual. When I went to start up the car again it showed a yellow half empty engine light and it says at the top 'service engine soon'

Has anyone had this sequence of displays before? I just brought my
Car in about 3 months ago for the works and the guy said I should be good for a while. The car is running fine no changes. Is it normal to have to service your engine every 15-20,000 miles (aside from oil changes)??

· Registered
114 Posts
The two intertwined "s" are a maintenance warning.. Which depending on the state you live in can likely be permanently shut off by the dealer.
The other is a power reduction light, meaning the car has an actual issue that needs to be diagnosed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.