BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Munich drop off question

1173 6
Hi all I just completed my first ED experience - I'm the proud owner of a F30 328i! I dropped off my car at the Munich drop off location about 10 days ago, and using the links on the ED Wiki I've been trying to find out which boat my car was loaded onto. However it doesn't seem like the car has been loaded onto a boat yet. I looked at the status of my car on bmwusa.com and it is still in the "Production Ends" stage. Is it normal for car loading to take this long? How long did others have to wait?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
10 days is not excessive. Redelivery is the worst part of ED. If the car is going to Seattle you have quite a while to wait. If you are really obsessed, you can try and get a glimpse of your ship from a webcam as it goes through the Panama Canal.
The BMW page will give you exactly zero useful informational this point, mine showed "finishing touches" for months after I picked it up in March this year.

However a quick email to the Log-in-Log-out folks will yield a very quick and very polite answer as to where/when the car was, etc.

some discussion here:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564618

As Kanuck points out, you're in for a long wait, unfortunately. Tracking it makes it (either worse or better-- not really sure which!)
Hi all I just completed my first ED experience - I'm the proud owner of a F30 328i! I dropped off my car at the Munich drop off location about 10 days ago, and using the links on the ED Wiki I've been trying to find out which boat my car was loaded onto. However it doesn't seem like the car has been loaded onto a boat yet. I looked at the status of my car on bmwusa.com and it is still in the "Production Ends" stage. Is it normal for car loading to take this long? How long did others have to wait?
Exactly right.

dk
The BMW page will give you exactly zero useful informational this point, mine showed "finishing touches" for months after I picked it up in March this year.

However a quick email to the Log-in-Log-out folks will yield a very quick and very polite answer as to where/when...
ok cool thanks for the info guys. that 10 week wait is gonna suck =/
You can e-mail [email protected] and ask them on which carrier your car was booked. They will be able to tell you, then you can track the vessel online... at least for vehicles destined to the East Coast.:thumbup:
First of all, from drop off to boat can take as long as 2 weeks. Second, the BMW tracking is, to be nice, useless. I got my car back for months and it told me it was in transportation.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.