BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know who you contact to sign up for a factory tour?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Factory tour

I just came back from my ED trip and took the factory tour. As plant tours go it was pretty neat but having gone all the way to Munich I wish I'd spent my time doing something else, it's just a bunch of people stamping sheetmetal. The wildest thing was seeing the beer vending machines in the break areas. I'd suggest you spend your time eating deep fried pig's knees (schweinhax'n), one of the finest foods Bavaria has to offer, and drinking beer from a tap instead of a machine.
MF

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have already taken the tour back in 2000 when I picked up a new 323i. The tour was already full but they added us to it because we had bought the car. This year, we are going after a 330 and I want to do it right and sign up in advance so I don't have to whine so much to have them let me take the tour.

I have to admit that I found the factory tour facinating. I will never forget the spell that it cast over me, just watching those gleaming cars being assembled.

Anyway, where did you sign up for it?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, I just noticed you are located in southern Maryland, did you go through Tate BMW?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Southern Maryland

Although I only talked to one salesman at Tate, I wasn't impressed. I worked through Dave Myers at Passport BMW, a rather new salesman who didn't pretend to know more than he did and treated me very well. He set up the tour for me. Keep in mind that they only do english tours on Monday and Friday. This is my second BMW so I guess I'm not so eaten up with the tour type stuff. I didn't even expect to buy another BMW, it's just that I was disappointed by everything else I drove.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the opposite problem, I have been to Germany at least 25 times, but have only done one factory tour.
This will be our second BMW and second factory tour and we will spend the whole month in Europe but only the first week in Germany. Anyway, we have the time, and I love watching that shee-metal come in the door and then go out as new BMWs. Thanks again for the info.

See ya,

·
E30,840i,F80 M3comp,640GT
1,094 Posts
Hey Stevarino

Stevarino,
Did I get back to you about the dealer in upstate NY for european delivery? It's been a seamless operation so far; all done through the mail. Let me know if you want his name. He came right out and asked, "Do you have access to E.D. invoice pricing? I can do $1500 over that" There were no fees like MACO, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.