Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Monday morning 5/6 delivery scheduled and arrive on Saturday around noon. Does anyone have any recommendations for Hotels for the weekend in Munich?

·
Registered
165 Posts
My rec would be Bayerischer Hof. Spendy, but a true 5 star hotel in my book. You're about a seven minute walk to the Marianplatz, shops, the theater, museums, etc. They'll valet park your car and wash it if you like. Have a great trip!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've stayed at the Hotel Drei Lowen and Conrad Hotel on Schillerstrasse, one block from the Hauptbahnhof. I liked both hotels and got very good rates. The street is interesting, but I never felt unsafe. Short walk to the Karlsplatz. Drei Lowen is slightly nicer inside. They are right next to each other. My wife and I would have no trouble staying there again. Was just there this past September.

·
Can has cheezburger
2,081 Posts
I have a Monday morning 5/6 delivery scheduled and arrive on Saturday around noon. Does anyone have any recommendations for Hotels for the weekend in Munich?
Are you looking for close to city center or something near the outskirts to get into the countryside?

·
Using SPF 45
3,669 Posts
Really need to know budget and ideal location - there are tons of hotels in Munich. And do you need parking for Monday night and after.

Given your schedule, and assuming you're departing Monday from delivery center, I would stay in the center of Munich, which will allow you to see the major sights on Sat/Sun, and then you can take U-Bahn to delivery center.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Everyone! I'd like to stay in the city center to do the tourist stuff before taking delivery on Monday morning and then heading out of town after delivery. I'm not looking for budget stuff but have never thought that $650 a night was better than $250.

·
Can has cheezburger
2,081 Posts
Thanks Everyone! I'd like to stay in the city center to do the tourist stuff before taking delivery on Monday morning and then heading out of town after delivery. I'm not looking for budget stuff but have never thought that $650 a night was better than $250.
Sounds like you've never state at the Four Seasons Sultanahmet Palace in Istanbul....that place is worth every penny of the $800/night we paid for it when we were there... :p

There are a lot of good hotels with easy access to the City Center. I'm a big fan of the Hotel Muenchen Palace (it's a little outside but in a great neighborhood near a beautiful park). A lot of folks have stayed at the Kings in the past. My wife and I have also stayed at the Le Meridian and it was fairly decent.

·
Aviator
2,930 Posts
My rec would be Bayerischer Hof. Spendy, but a true 5 star hotel in my book. You're about a seven minute walk to the Marianplatz, shops, the theater, museums, etc. They'll valet park your car and wash it if you like. Have a great trip!
Bayerischer Hof, Mandarin Oriental, or Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski would be my choices. MO is probably the most expensive, but a wonderful property. I'll be at the HKG MO next week :thumbup:

·
Using SPF 45
3,669 Posts
We stayed at the Konigshof Hotel, right on top of Karlsplatz, a couple of winters ago. Very nice hotel, convenient location, including to S-Bahn and U-Bahn (station is underground out front door), which made taking the train in from airport quite simple. Probably closer to 250 than 650, but maybe not by much.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Although it not a 5 star hotel I stayed at the residence inn Munich east which is near the eastern Munich train station. The Complementary breakfast it’s pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
CarSwami
801 Posts
I like to stay at the Hilton City Center. It is literally above the metro station at Rosenheimer Platz which is only 2-3 stops away from Marienplatz. Very nice hotel and the staff are great. They have a very nice breakfast buffer which is free if you are a Gold or Diamond member in the Hilton chain. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2018 X5M
1,714 Posts
Just returned from Munich this past weekend (attended Ice Training at the Arjeplog BMW Winter Test Center last week and flew the charter flight back to Munich with the engineers), and stayed at the brand new Andaz Munich - Schwabinger Tor opening night (3/1/2019), beautiful hotel as its only 3km from the BMW Welt. Breakfast was euro 38, but as a Hyatt Globalist included.

If this is your 1st time to Munich, then I would stay near the center depending on how much sightseeing you want to do. During Oktoberfest ED's I stay at the Le Méridien Munich, as its walking distance to the tents.

Attached photos of the Andaz Munich - Schwabinger Tor (lobby bar and Deluxe room). Suites weren't completed, and there is a 12 floor SkyBar that was hopping Friday night.

Your going to get lots of different recommendations from fellow 'festers based individual on preferences such as location, sightseeing, included breakfast, level of luxury and cost.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
We stayed at the Hotel Muenchen Palace in Bogenhausen; 10 minute walk to the Hofbrauhaus, rated 4 or 5 star depending on who you believe. On a quiet side street, nice rooms with AC for the summer months. Little bit cheaper than Bayrischer How and 4 Jahreszeiten. Ran into Boris Becker. when we checked out.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Just returned from Munich this past weekend (attended Ice Training at the Arjeplog BMW Winter Test Center last week and flew the charter flight back to Munich with the engineers), and stayed at the brand new Andaz Munich - Schwabinger Tor opening night (3/1/2019), beautiful hotel as its only 3km from the BMW Welt. Breakfast was euro 38, but as a Hyatt Globalist included.

If this is your 1st time to Munich, then I would stay near the center depending on how much sightseeing you want to do. During Oktoberfest ED's I stay at the Le Méridien Munich, as its walking distance to the tents.

Attached photos of the Andaz Munich - Schwabinger Tor (lobby bar and Deluxe room). Suites weren't completed, and there is a 12 floor SkyBar that was hopping Friday night.

Your going to get lots of different recommendations from fellow 'festers based individual on preferences such as location, sightseeing, included breakfast, level of luxury and cost.

It funny that you were at the andaz. Right now I’m at the andaz in Tokyo. Does the andaz in Munich give you free like complementary nonalcohol minibar and happy hour

·
Registered
2018 X5M
1,714 Posts
It funny that you were at the andaz. Right now I’m at the andaz in Tokyo. Does the andaz in Munich give you free like complementary nonalcohol minibar and happy hour[/url]
It was the first official opening night, as the mini bar was only stocked with water (I was the 1st guest that stayed in the room). Only the 1st four floors are completed at the Andaz Munich, as the remaining floors including suites are still under construction (opposite elevator bank) so no Globalist suite upgrade, I know 1st world problems. Not aware of Happy Hour, as this property didn't have a club lounge, not sure if other Andaz properties have lounges.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
No club lounge In Tokyo all guest are eligible for happy hour. IMG_1386.jpg IMG_1388.jpg

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,811 Posts
Ive liked the Sofitel Munich Bayerpost (cool hotel in the old post office)...super convenient for the train. Also nearby the Le Meridien.

·
Registered
304 Posts
When we travel in Europe we prefer to stay in quaint local places rather than big corporate chains. In Munich I have stayed half a dozen times in Hotel Jedermann which is on Bayerstrasse down the street from the train station. Nice rooms, great breakfast and walkable to the city center. On ED’s I’ve stayed there until pick up and then leave town.

My last ED we stayed in the Leonardo Royal which is walkable to the the Welt. It is very nice but not as quaint and charming as we prefer.

It really doesn’t matter. Wherever you stay you’re getting a new car and that’s the main thing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I stayed at Hotel Platzl, perfect location to downtown prior to picking up the car. It's literally across a cobblestone walkway to Hofbrauhaus and maybe 2 blocks from Marienplatz. A very pretty walk to many of the nicer sites in Munich proper. There's U-bahn stations all over including Marienplatz that were very convenient to get to the Welt for pickup day. Prices were very reasonable, about $200 a night depending on level of room and time of year, and if you aren't spending a ton of time at the hotel anyway the rooms were plenty nice and service was excellent.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hotel Charles, IMHO better than MO, and I stayed in both. BHoff old world luxury, not my taste

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

1 - 20 of 23 Posts