Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have a lot of issues with my use of music collection. I had a problem with multitude copies of songs, but got that sorted out. I reloaded my music collection, that went as expected. But now I cannot play the music as I expected. I can play one song at a time. It will not randomly play the songs, just plays the one I picked over and over. All the music is there, I can look at it.
What’s up?

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,746 Posts
Sounds like you searched for a specific song. Clear the search and it will play all the tracks. There is a separate option for random play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this same issue. Search by song name and just pick any song. Once selected, push the Idrive controller to the left and select shuffle. This will play all songs in random.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was it. My better half figured it out about the same time as I got your reply.

·
Registered
219 Posts
How are people arranging their music on the CD or USB key or whatever before doing the import? Are people just listening to music by album/by artist?

·
Stuart in Houston
649 Posts
How are people arranging their music on the CD or USB key or whatever before doing the import? Are people just listening to music by album/by artist?
I'm sure everyone has their own method. My USB stick is simply a copy of my music library:

Artists
--Artist
----Album
------tracks
Mixes
--Compilation Name
----tracks
Soundtracks
--Album Name
----tracks

yada yada yada

I can drill down to anything I want to listen to very quickly.

Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts