BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys , i own a f10 3.0D , im using and usb flash to play songs , it was working fine till one day half of the songs fail to load , if i used the : play next button the songs play but the name wont be shown. Also some of them are shown in the small screen under the speedometer if i scroll with the button on the steering wheel .
on the main monitor i see only half of the songs , other part says : LOADING , and i cant select them directly . any ideas?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
USB stick degraded. You may want to replace the usb stick or reformat then load the music in again.

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,824 Posts
Did the same songs play previously in the car? Can't be a DRM issue? I moved some songs from my computer to a USB previously, realized I had to remove the permission block by converting using Audials app.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all the songs play if i just keep pushing "next" button , but if i scroll and want to select half of the songs are shown only with numbers and i cant select them

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Did you format USB in FAT32 (using Rufus software to format). I have experienced some USB stick not working like PNY or Lexar brand then I change to Samsung usb stick it works just fine. I also combined all songs in 1 file (2hrs long) and it does read and play fine.
Hope this help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i changed the usb flash , still the same thing , half of the song names are shown , the other half says loading , i can still use next button to play them but i cant scroll and select them .

·
Registered
1,139 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The thing is that i have been using the same usb from the beggining and i t was working fine , btw the same usb works perfectly on other cars .

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have found the USB port in my car to be VERY finicky and I have to buy a new lightning cable every year or so to keep my phone and the car talking. I recommend that you keep switching flash drives until you find one that works (then buy some identical spares).

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
the same usb flash was working for 1 year , then suddenly stopped showing half of the songs ...
USB drives wear out or become corrupted with use over time. If you only use once a week, then there might be a problem somewhere else but if used a lot (erased and reused etc.) then it might just be age. Changing your USB drive is a cheap fix. Best to rule that out first.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I tried friends usb didnt work either , tried new usb still same problem
Did you use a different computer for the download at any time?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts