BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
robertdznj
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I used the volume to raise "her" voice, and that worked fine. But she's extra loud along with the radio at a similar volume. My last car used to mute the radio some to hear Navi Lady speak, then the radio volume would return to normal. I'll go through the manual and see what's up.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
26,385 Posts
Should be an iDrive setting to set the nav volume...increasing it will make her voice louder but the radio will remain low (or wherever you have it)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I am pretty sure it mutes music when spoken directions come in my X5. I was just doing a test run, but I haven't had a chance to use it in a real case where I didn't know how to get there..

·
Registered
127 Posts
My truck automatically lowers the volume of the radio when the nav has something to say. For me, it's a little annoying since I usually have the nav voice turned completely off since I see directions from the HUD, so it sounds like my speakers' volume drops for no reason.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah, can't tell you if it's an iDrive option or not since I never configured it. It's just how it is and I've never looked for it. As to the voice, I'm showing the geek in me, but to me it sounds like the computer on the Enterprise in Next Generation

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.