Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. I'll track the status of my reservation/order for a MY2008 535i here.

02.06.06 - Dealer system would not accept manual 6sp order as expected since SOP is still indicated as Sep-07. Dealer trying SportAuto now. Dealer states that color samples for new exterior and interior colors should be distributed by week of 02.19.07.

·
Registered
96 Posts
New member here. I'll track the status of my reservation/order for a MY2008 535i here.

02.06.06 - Dealer system would not accept manual 6sp order as expected since SOP is still indicated as Sep-07. Dealer trying SportAuto now. Dealer states that color samples for new exterior and interior colors should be distributed by week of 02.19.07.
Are you getting ED? If so, would you mind telling me which dealer you used and what kind of a deal you got? I'm planning on ordering 535 in april for ED in July.

Thanks

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts

Did your dealer have the pricing for the 2008?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YellowLab - Not taking ED. My dealer is BMW of Mount Kisco (currently located in temp quarters in Briarcliff Manor).

Andy - No pricing yet, I'm inferring that despite no added cost now for auto box, base model will be in the range of $2K to $2.5K more than MY2007. I expect that the prices for packages/options that carry over from MY2007 to MY2008 will be approx the same.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have gotten a production number and its showed up in the owner's circle already.

·
Registered
783 Posts
My dealer in So Cal is only creating an interest list at this time, so we can't place any ordres yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got production number yesterday too. Now begins the daily visits to the Owner's Circle...

·
Dark Force
127 Posts
How soon are they releasing the price? I want to know what the lease number is like on these TT bad boys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yellowlab,

I just started the ED process on a 535xi across the river from you (it you're in White Plains NY) at Wide World of Cars BMW in Spring Valley. Went to see Joe Segreti there after reading several goods posts here. Gave me a very fair, no haggle price over ED invoice, and then spent 45 minutes telling be about all the places to go after I pickup in Munich -- he's done ED it 5 or 6 times himself -- would be a great travel agent!

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
Yellowlab,

I just started the ED process on a 535xi across the river from you (it you're in White Plains NY) at Wide World of Cars BMW in Spring Valley. Went to see Joe Segreti there after reading several goods posts here. Gave me a very fair, no haggle price over ED invoice, and then spent 45 minutes telling be about all the places to go after I pickup in Munich -- he's done ED it 5 or 6 times himself -- would be a great travel agent!
Joe is my man! He does not mess around because he is too busy planning his own trips. He is going over to Italy w/o getting a BMW this year because they need several vans and BMW does not produce them yet! Good call going with him, and best of luck!:thumbup:

I ended up ordering one of the last (if not the last) wagon to be built for US MY07 (Build date of 2/27). I could not justify the extra $400 a month for the 535, in 2 years that will be our next one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not sure if this is even possible, but just got off the phone with BMW NA and they said my car went into production on 02/08 already...

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
I'm not sure if this is even possible, but just got off the phone with BMW NA and they said my car went into production on 02/08 already...
Nope. Not at all. That would be a 2007. You need to look into this. Best of luck!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
YellowLab - Not taking ED. My dealer is BMW of Mount Kisco (currently located in temp quarters in Briarcliff Manor).

Andy - No pricing yet, I'm inferring that despite no added cost now for auto box, base model will be in the range of $2K to $2.5K more than MY2007. I expect that the prices for packages/options that carry over from MY2007 to MY2008 will be approx the same.
In one of the other threads, there was some discussion that the lease rates for the 535xi were going to be much much higher than the current 530xi (several hundred more a month).

When I read it, it seemed perfectly logical.

However, what does that mean in terms of the 550?

A new 535xi isn't going to be as or more expensive to lease than a 550, correct? Unless of course they raise the rates of the 550i (which I suppose isn't totally out of the question). But if they did that, then the 550 will end up in the 1k per month range in terms of leasing. That just doesn't seem likely to me...

Oh well...I guess we won't really know until March.

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
In one of the other threads, there was some discussion that the lease rates for the 535xi were going to be much much higher than the current 530xi (several hundred more a month).

When I read it, it seemed perfectly logical.

However, what does that mean in terms of the 550?

A new 535xi isn't going to be as or more expensive to lease than a 550, correct? Unless of course they raise the rates of the 550i (which I suppose isn't totally out of the question). But if they did that, then the 550 will end up in the 1k per month range in terms of leasing. That just doesn't seem likely to me...

Oh well...I guess we won't really know until March.
They will raise the rates on all the 2008 E60s since they will all be refreshed. It will not just be for the new engines, there is more to it than that. Expect the rates to be full non subsidized, like the new X5 and the //M models. More or less a 2007 550 will be about the same as an 08 535. The current rates for the X5 put it in at nearly $1k per month... insane.
Best of luck!:thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Strange. Owner's Circle has my car (a 2008 550i) just as I spec'd it--"On Order." Calling BMW NA, they said the car entered production on Feb. 8. I'm going to chalk it up to an error on the operator's part at BMW NA...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Strange. Owner's Circle has my car (a 2008 550i) just as I spec'd it--"On Order." Calling BMW NA, they said the car entered production on Feb. 8. I'm going to chalk it up to an error on the operator's part at BMW NA...
This is too early for MY08. Mine is slated for week 12 production. Guess we are the early birds. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts