BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took delivery of My 2016 435i xDrive Convertible w/Individual options.

I placed my special order on 6/2 shortly after the 2016 pricing/ordering guides were released. On 6/16 BMWNA approved all of my Individual options with the exception of the 623i V-spoke wheels. Although I received an allocation slot and production number fairly quickly, the target production week 27 slipped to week 33 due to the Individual options so they say. It completed production on 8/17 and began the long journey across the pond on 8/24. On 9/16 it arrived at Port Hueneme, 9/18 at the VPC for port installed accessories, and released to the carrier on 9/23. The tracking black hole occurred between California and Colorado. It arrived at the dealership on 9/28 and I took delivery the next day luckily skirting a hail storm on the way home. My CA, wife, co-workers, and friends were all happy that my 3 month wait was over...I guess they were tired me providing them daily status.

Now that it's here, I can't be more pleased. I ordered the Individual options mostly in the blind using the BMW website and photos posted by other forum members and the internet. The Tanzanite Blue and Nutmeg Merino leather are nothing but spectacular and by far exceeded my expectations. I'm posting some pictures for your viewing pleasure, but they don't do it much justice as seeing it in person. My only disappointment is the iDrive Office / iPhone integration...specifically, the inability to receive email notifications.

This weekend I installed the iND painted front reflectors and keyhole cover. I couldn't figure out how to access and replace the rear reflectors. This week it's off to the shop the get PhotoSync window tint (75/35), Xpel Ultimate full wrap, and Opti-Coat Pro+ clear coat. So hopefully next weekend I'll be able to take it out for a fall drive in the mountains. With my luck, it will rain or we'll get our first snow and I won't be able to put the top down.

Attachments

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,903 Posts
Outstanding!! It's gorgeous!! Congrats!

·
Swedish Murder Machine
4,387 Posts
The rear reflectors are easier to install than the fronts. Just reach up underneath the bumper and there are tabs to release and then they pop out. If you look at the replacement reflectors you will see that there are three tabs, the ones closest can be manipulated from behind and the final (furthest away) one just simply slides out.

I am also in Highlands Ranch so if you want to send me a PM I can show you how to do the rear reflectors.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very nice looking. Makes me think to really push for a 'vert on next one. Didn't try to hard on the wife on current.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Voip, based on the DIY instructions found on the forums, I thought so too which is why I also ordered the rear reflectors. On the F33 there are only two clips on the reflector and it is surrounded by a metal brace. There is a small opening on the brace that you can barely fit your fingers into which makes it difficult to squeeze the one clip to release it. So it appears to me that you have to pry it off from the outside and I didn't have the nylon pry tools to do so without damaging the paint. Thanks for offering assistance.

The rear reflectors are easier to install than the fronts. Just reach up underneath the bumper and there are tabs to release and then they pop out. If you look at the replacement reflectors you will see that there are three tabs, the ones closest can be manipulated from behind and the final (furthest away) one just simply slides out.

I am also in Highlands Ranch so if you want to send me a PM I can show you how to do the rear reflectors.

·
Swedish Murder Machine
4,387 Posts
Voip, based on the DIY instructions found on the forums, I thought so too which is why I also ordered the rear reflectors. On the F33 there are only two clips on the reflector and it is surrounded by a metal brace. There is a small opening on the brace that you can barely fit your fingers into which makes it difficult to squeeze the one clip to release it. So it appears to me that you have to pry it off from the outside and I didn't have the nylon pry tools to do so without damaging the paint. Thanks for offering assistance.
I'm surprised it is that much different than on F30 but nothing the Germans do should surprise me any longer!

The folks at IND might have some tips on how to replace them or you might start a thread to see if anyone else with the vert can offer any tips.

P.S. Car looks great!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
beautiful car...congrats!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts

Great looking car. Love the color combination. Question about your XT1 Merino Leather Dashboard Option as pictured above. Is that option just the leather upper portion of the dashboard?

I have the leather dashboard Priority One option on my 2015 435i xDrive Convertible and from your photos it looks the same with regard to the black upper portion of the dashboard. I don't recall being told one way or the other from what type of leather my dashboard is made but am now curious if it might be the same as

yours, i.e. Merino Leather.

Here are photos of mine:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Northcar, the black merino leather on top of dashboard is the XT1. The nutmeg merino leather on bottom of dashboard is the ZAML extended leather for the interior. If I recall correctly there were two leather dashboard option codes with one being an Individual option that got me merino and stitching (look above steering wheel and around navi display).

Thanks for all the compliments everyone.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Nutmeg looks amazing. What was the up charge for that? Just curious for next time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nutmeg looks amazing. What was the up charge for that? Just curious for next time.
MSRP X10 1950, ZAML 2300 (in lieu of Dakota leather), XEX 1080, XT1 950, XL3 50.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Northcar, the black merino leather on top of dashboard is the XT1. The nutmeg merino leather on bottom of dashboard is the ZAML extended leather for the interior. If I recall correctly there were two leather dashboard option codes with one being an Individual option that got me merino and stitching (look above steering wheel and around navi display).

Thanks for all the compliments everyone.
XT1 (new code) for MY2016 is the Leather Dash with contrast stitching with top of the door panels in Nappa leather (top and bottom) when ordered with an Individual Merino leather interior color (seats and door inserts)

Notice that the XT1 price is $950 and the Nutmeg Merino is $2300. It used to be $950 just for the 4M5 non-contrast stitching Leather Dash and no leather on top of the door panels option in MY2015. Finally, a good deal from BMW. :eeps:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I wonder if this car was an M-Sport, would it get an M-Sport steering wheel or the one that came with it reading "BMW Individual"? Maybe that is a dumb question. Beats me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wonder if this car was an M-Sport, would it get an M-Sport steering wheel or the one that came with it reading "BMW Individual"? Maybe that is a dumb question. Beats me.
My steering wheel was an Individual option (XL3) ...so just order an M-Sport w/o the XL3 option and you will get the M steering wheel.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
XT1 (new code) for MY2016 is the Leather Dash with contrast stitching with top of the door panels in Nappa leather (top and bottom) when ordered with an Individual Merino leather interior color (seats and door inserts)

Notice that the XT1 price is $950 and the Nutmeg Merino is $2300. It used to be $950 just for the 4M5 non-contrast stitching Leather Dash and no leather on top of the door panels option in MY2015. Finally, a good deal from BMW. :eeps:
Yes, I noted the contrast stitching to the left in the OP's photo, but above the glove box on the right it looks identical to the stitching on mine. Surprised that the same stitching would not be across the entire dashboard - or is that just an illusion from the photograph?

Thanks for confirming that the leather is the same, both Nappa, on both the 2015 and 2016 versions of the leather dashboard option. Curious though if in 2016 one can just order the leather dashboard (now XT1) or if it requires being ordered with one of the Individual Merino leather interior colors?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts