BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is on a Wallenius Wilhelmsen vessel enroute to New Jersey. Is there a way to track it if I have a voyage number and a bill of lading number?

TIA

BJ

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was able to watch the vessel my vehicle was on via http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml as long as you know the ship's name which you should be able to look up on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website with your VIN. The link in the prior post is only good until it leaves Southamption UK and arrives in New York. The link above will allow you to watch the vessel for the 10 plus days it's out at sea.

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any way to see where on the map the boat is? Some sort of GPS ocean tracker type of thing?

Right now, it's just telling me the date that it was booked and such. Doesn't tell me where in the Atlantic it is or what it's ETA is into NJ.

BJ

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to watch the vessel my vehicle was on via http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml as long as you know the ship's name which you should be able to look up on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website with your VIN. The link in the prior post is only good until it leaves Southamption UK and arrives in New York. The link above will allow you to watch the vessel for the 10 plus days it's out at sea.
Thank you. You drive a 335i cabrio and thus I apologize for taking up your valuable time.

BJ

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's OK. My car is in for service today to hopefully fix the iPod switching problem so I'm driving a loaner 328xi sedan until it's fixed.

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's OK. My car is in for service today to hopefully fix the iPod switching problem so I'm driving a loaner 328xi sedan until it's fixed.
Ah, so then I retract my apology.

BJ

·
Registered
122 Posts
I became very good at tracking my vehicle since I originally ordered my vehicle at the beginning of January and picked it up 3 weeks ago! My first car sustained more than 3% damage at the port on the New Jersey side and could not be sold so I had to start the entire process all over again.

And once it gets to the port, the only way to track it through the VPC will be your CA. BMWNA will not have any info.

I know the wait is killing you, but it'll be worth it in the end and you will forget the pain you're going through now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Appartently, they switched over to the new ship after April of this year since it looks like my first vehicle was on the other ship!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 114 Posts