BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok well this morning I finally got my car out the shop. So now I can post a pic. My car has been in the shop for almost 2 months. I had to get a manufactured transmission, MPM, New interior carpet, new sunroof cassette, new adaptive headlight assembly with xenon headlights, ignitor, gas cap, new pistons, new valve spring, camshaft, new led side mirror, reprogrammed the entire car, new all 4 window motor, new exhaust manifold, new ABS braking system, new water pump, alternator, battery , radio, all new speaker system including the 2 subs and a few more small stuff that not important to mention.

When I bought the car in Sept everything was fine. One week I decided to drive the car to MD to visit some family. Once I arrived back home a few days later the car went wacho crazy on me. I started to see messages pop up. Immediately I took it too the dealer to get it looked at and they fixed the problem. After about another week I had an issue the transmission so I took it in again. :mad:Each time I kept coming back the issues with the car was more severe than the last. Long story short, BMW got tired of seeing me come back every week about an issue with the car so they decided to keep the car to diagnose it ad fix all of the parts that failed. The service sheet was about 3 - 4 pages long. Never in my live I have seen a car service sheet that long:yikes:.

Guess what? I did not pay a penny out my pocket!:D. I still would ride my Suzuki GSXR everyday and keep that car parked. But when I do bring it out I would :bigpimp: pimp my ride until the next issue pops up. At this point I have to expect the unexpected.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you are bought a previously flooded car, don't you?

So reason I'm always check or asked who was previous owner and if saleman or someone knows him.
This car was a lease by one owner. As far as I know vehicles that are leased must be maintenanced. I did checked the records everything was fine.This car was actually 75 miles away at another BMW dealer I saw online. I did the finance app online and called the dealer afterwards to schedule a time to come out there and test drive the car. A few days later I decided to go to my local BMW dealer to see what cars they had in inventory. All of a sudden I spotted the same car that I saw online. I did a stock number and Vin number check to make sure it was the one I inquired about and it was. The assistant manager told me that the car was just transferred to this dealer because they have a Monday trade off dealer with other BMW in the surrounding area. LUCKY ME it save me trip to travel 75 miles.

I did contact the old owner through SOS. I pressed SOS button for the first time to see what it does. The representative answer addressing me by the previous old owner name. I then explained my situation stating that I am the new owner of the car. Without me even asking the representative offer to speak with the previous owner about his past experience with the car. When I spoke to previous owner he said that he just wanted newer car to lease.

After all the hassle BMW told me that this was a mistake on the both dealerships by not checking the car thoroughly. With being said they lost 12k on the finance deal.

I now have a 2 year warranty on all the parts they fixed. Pretty much you can say I got a brand new BMW. Mostly everything was was replaced in the interior,engine, and transmission. At one point I did ask them to take the car back but if I went that route. I would had another BMW not knowing what could possible wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
What was wrong with interior?
Only I can think check autocheck for place where the car was lease, if it's a place with possible flooding. I would not a keep car with everything even replaced, because BMW is known for electrical problems, and with shady history could more problems. Because if car was flooded, so they did not reapace harness or clean ground. I would go back to dealer and asked them to take the car back.
It's a mess.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The interior was replaced because while it was in the shop, one of the electrical systems in the trunk over heated and burned the carpet and the rear seat. I really wish I could have them take the car back. Unfortunately I can't. My local BMW dealer Finance manger talked to the finance company and is willing to pay almost more than half of what I own on the loan. That to me was the farfetched deal I have ever heard. At that point I had to hear it from the GM not from the finance manager. The GM explained to me that is not fair that this car was sold to me in its condition. It was their fault plus the other dealership fault as well. The GM also stated that if this car was inspected from both dealership it should have went off into auction. At this point in time I am already 3 months into my loan and it cannot be rolled back. The only thing he can do it is have me finance what the car is worth. I have an auto check and carfox reports. Both are equal matched.
Believe me if I didn't have a mortgage to pay, this car would be paid off by the summer time. You can mark my words that I will be out of this car by next year DEC.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have already done the BBB complaint. My biggest question is WHY? It was a leased car. Why the transmission, Why all of the other issuse taggle along with it? I never experienced anything like this. We all live and learn. I should have stuck with my 09 Ford Focus coupe. When the time is right I am looking to purchase an Acura NSX again. I never had not one problem with that one. It was a very reliable car and had good looks.
I'm not gonna sit here and dwell on the past. Should of, would of, could of. I own a BMW 530i now and stuck with it until I can get rid of it. If anything goes wrong with it its going back to shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.