BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car simply died as I was pulling up to a light. Would crank, but would not start. And fortunately a tow truck driving by towed me off to the side. BMW Assist was nearly worthless -- it took almost a full hour before help arrived.

Dash warnings indicated something with the brakes and the passive restraint system. It suggested I drive slow (thanks!).

The car's at the local dealer and will probably remain there until sometime next week.

Can anyone tell me what might have gone wrong?

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
My car simply died as I was pulling up to a light. Would crank, but would not start. And fortunately a tow truck driving by towed me off to the side. BMW Assist was nearly worthless -- it took almost a full hour before help arrived.

Dash warnings indicated something with the brakes and the passive restraint system. It suggested I drive slow (thanks!).

The car's at the local dealer and will probably remain there until sometime next week.

Can anyone tell me what might have gone wrong?
Hard to say. [here] is what I'd do first.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Received the diagnosis today. The HPFP blew up and lots of fuel system parts are being replaced. I'm surprised --- I thought HPFP issues were in the past.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts