BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know why somebody wanted to do this, but this was what we (family having lunch in a Vietnam PHO restaurant) found after coming out. About 1 foot long and deep. The local body shop associated with my dealer estimated at $1400 north to fix it, saying they need to paint both doors and the quarter to make it right. Need a second opinion from anyone who has experienced it or who has experience with it.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Don't know why somebody wanted to do this, but this was what we (family having lunch in a Vietnam PHO restaurant) found after coming out. About 1 foot long and deep. The local body shop associated with my dealer estimated at $1400 north to fix it, saying they need to paint both doors and the quarter to make it right. Need a second opinion from anyone who has experienced it or who has experience with it.
The only thing worse is someone taking away our right to bare arms so we can't take care of people who do these malicious acts! THAT SUCKS BROTHER!!!

I went to an outdoor show at Ravinia just north of Chicago. They had us park in a grass field with no lights or supervision. Needless to say there were over 25 cars keyed that evening. My hood, trunk, and both sides from front to rear fender were keyed.

My car was black so it was an easier match especially since the car was only 2 months old.

If your car is silver or a light grey, let them spray it as those colors are hard to match and blend.

Very sorry!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry...

Yea....I don't understand why folks like to key people's nice car....especially BMW..I've had my car key several times...Sometimes I think it's someone close to me doing it...or neighbors...don't know..but bad karma:tsk: will come to them...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing worse is someone taking away our right to bare arms so we can't take care of people who do these malicious acts! THAT SUCKS BROTHER!!!

I went to an outdoor show at Ravinia just north of Chicago. They had us park in a grass field with no lights or supervision. Needless to say there were over 25 cars keyed that evening. My hood, trunk, and both sides from front to rear fender were keyed.

My car was black so it was an easier match especially since the car was only 2 months old.

If your car is silver or a light grey, let them spray it as those colors are hard to match and blend.

Very sorry!!!
Thanks Slaymaster!

Yes, my car is light grey and that's why the bodyshop would have to paint both doors and the quarter to blend the paint so people won't be able to tell that it is repainted.

As you can imagine, when I first saw it I just felt sick to my stomach. This is our first BMW and we really take good care of her. I see these people who do this kind of things as the true losers. They don't necessarily hate the good things, they just hate other people having them instead of themselves. So all they can do is to cause harm to others even if it doesn't benefit them at all.

This will haunt me for a long while. I have already started being more aware of where I go for shopping, eating etc and making a conscience choice as to where I park my car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea....I don't understand why folks like to key people's nice car....especially BMW..I've had my car key several times...Sometimes I think it's someone close to me doing it...or neighbors...don't know..but bad karma:tsk: will come to them...
People who do this are just pathetic losers and will sink even lower!

·
Fight on for old SC!
131 Posts
That really sucks. I hope that this never happens to me...

I have a buddy that owns a Ferrari. I think it's been keyed 4 times now. He almost never drives it anywhere where there isn't valet parking now because of all the broke/jealous a-holes that feel the need to mess with someone that worked hard in life and made his own way.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. That type of thing worries me the most whenever I park somewhere and it happened to me about 10 years ago on my Z3. It was Jet Black and keyed across the driver's door. It cost me around $300. They had to repaint the whole door, but the auto body shop said luckily the color was non-metallic (Jet Black) which made it cheaper.

When it happened I parked at a shopping mall among other cars, but from that point on I park as far away as I can away from everybody. I don't care how far I have to walk. I've also had kids spit on my car when parked next to a high school, but that's obviously not as bad as being keyed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts