BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if you guys remember me saying that my 745 was towed to the dealership because she would act like she was losing power when I drove past 20 mph and some other things. well this is what they found out and fix.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer states windshield washer pump is inop.

Cause: Failed pump-low output

Correction: Activated washer pump & could hear noise from pump but no flow, removed left front wheel well trim to access pump, removed hose and blew shop air through to clear out-tried again no-flow. checked voltage at pump-12.2volts-ok. Replaced pump and test-working.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer states vehicle has loss power, will not accelerate over 20 mph.

cause: Failed fuel filter was restricting fuel flow to the point of starving engine.

Correction: During diagnosis found fuel filter plugged (Verified via fuel psi gauge), Replaced filter, cleared adaption & tested-ok.

Customer states hearing high pitched whine noise from inside vehicle when driving at highway speeds, intermittently will start making a noise for a minute or two then stop

Cause: Excessively noisey e-box fan

Correction: During diagnosis of other lines heard loud whine/squeal noise from right side of dash, Removed glove box & found noise coming from e-box vent. Removed e-box lid and found fan making excessive noise, replaced e-box fan 7 test-ok

Customer was told that Thrust rod bushings are worn.

Cause: Failed-Leaking

Correction: Replaced left & Right front brake reaction rods with bushings (Thrust Rods)

Customer called and added Vehicle was leaking.

Cause: Transmission fluid leaking from Mechtronics sleeve.

Correction: Traced fluid leak to Transmission Mechatronics sealing sleeve. performed si # 240806-replaced sealing sleeve. defect # 2400514800

Customer Called and added that I-drive intermittently freezes up, will not do anything.

Cause: working to specifications at the time.

Correction: Tested unit several times-no failure, checked fault-none. I-drive system is a computer and at times will delay for a moment, if delays become excessive and all the time have customer return.

That was everything that they fix and it all was coverd under warranty, think GOD:bigpimp: The SA went out of her way to make sure everything that I mention was check and I told her that since my warranty expired on Aug 23 of this year I want everything look at and fix and she told me that she understood and if I found anything else to bring the car back and they will fix it, by the way I mention the hazy head light and she said they could not fix that under warranty but that the headlight are $ 400.00 a pop if I wanted to buy it and now that I got the car back I have to take it to the auto body shop in the morning cause somebody knock off my right side mirror and allstate is going to take care of that and paint the right side door because when they knock the mirror off it cause damage to the door to.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Wow, thats was a f#$%cked up car, thank goodness for a warranty huh?? theres a month of income to fix that..hahaha

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Did you actually say the headlights are $400.oo a pop?? I thought they were at least $900.00 a pop. I'm calling my dealer today and verify.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Just called my dealer - they quoted me $1,095 for ONE BMW headlight without the bulbs or other connections. I may call your dealer and possibly order one from them!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts